Tuesday 10 May 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Me and my guys!

A beautiful card by Kaedo!

A diet coke from Sterling!

Monkey bread for breakfast!

A new pair of Crocs from Craig!

Happy belated Mother's Day to all. We had a nice day. We got up early and had breakfast together and hung out. The boy's had some friends over and then Craig and I headed out to our goddaughter's first Communion. After that Craig and I ran a few errands and picked up a movie and the four of us spent the evening watching 'Bruce Almighty' and being together. It was a nice day and the weather was beautiful so you can't beat that.

Today I am mowing the backyard. Have never mowed the lawn since we have lived here so today is my first time. Craig gave me a crash course in how to start the lawnmower (yikes) and I think I'm good to go. Thank god the neighbor mowed the front lawn yesterday. I'll have to remember to kiss her later!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

What a beautiful picture of you with your boys on Mother's Day Shannon!! Glad to hear you had a nice day together.

Hope things go well with the lawn mowing. I don't mind mowing lawn and then trimming and watering - it looks so nice when it's all done. Hope the lawn mower started good for you - that's always my fear that when I'm in the mood to mow lawn, the mower won't be! Stan's mowed our front and back just once this year because it hasn't been nice enough to get at it.

Just got home from Line Dancing and Stan's hard at it working in the bathroom and I'm just ready to make us some lunch.

Hope you're having a great day - take care - BIG HUGS!!

Denis & Irene said...

Gorgeous photo of the three of you. Love the blonde (lol) streak in your hair.

Always hated mowing the lawn also Shannon so I know how you feel. It's a crappy job especially if a dog walker hasn't used a plastic bag. I like that the lawn gets mowed by someone else here, however, we are in the lawnless part of the park which we like better as it really does remind us of it's namesake 'Arizona'.

Denis did his pre-op this morning, took hours to tell him he was in perfect health except for his shoulder. Had coffee with a friend at the hospital this morning, then some errands , then back to pick up Denis. Friends in for dinner tonight so I'm fasting 'til then. Having a tight jeans day today!

Love to all