Wednesday 4 May 2011

Peanut Butter anyone?







As everyone knows, Sterling is anaphylactic to peanuts, something we have known since he was 2 years old. He has on many occasions commented about how he would just like to "try it" so he would know what it tastes like. Over the years there have been peanut butter substitutes on the market and they have been disgusting. Recently, a team mate of Craig's mentioned WOW Butter, made with soybeans. Craig and I had never heard of it but thought we would have to try it as his friend had said it was terrific. On Sunday afternoon we stopped at Superstore and after some hunting, found the WOW butter in the Natural Foods section. While I try to limit my wheat intake, I had to have a peanut butter and banana sandwich - my absolute favorite thing of all time! Sterling took the leap and tried it as well and while he liked the taste he said it gave him a stomach ache after. I don't know if it is a psychological thing after so many years of never tasting it or if it didn't agree with him. I will say it is AWESOME!!!!! For those of us who cannot have peanut butter in their homes, this stuff is a great substitute.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

WOW is right!!! Glad Sterling got to try it and like you say tasting it and worrying weather it would hurt him or not probably didn't help his tummy situation. We've never heard of it so we'll have to check it out.

Sun is shining here today BUT the wind is very, very cold - we're sure someone must have got snow again but haven't heard.

Wonderful visiting with you yesterday Shannon - take care and we love you so much!

Craig - I took your suggestion and dad and I had a "cheap Tuesday" date last night and the movie was very good. Thanks for telling me I should go. One of the previews before the show is Bridesmaids and a couple of us girls figured it would be a real good ChickFlick to go to when it comes.

I just got home awhile ago from sister/mom day and it's time for Happy Hour!

Hope you've all had a great day - BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Like grandma said, WOW is right!! You'll have to try it again Sterling to make sure it really does give you a tummy ache, probably more apprehension than anything else. That's sooo normal after it being off base for you forever. Hope you get to keep it in your diet and enjoy it.

Ted and Cheryl dropped by yesterday for Happy Hour. First time we've been able to connect since we left Yuma. They've been checking out a potential saughter-in-law in Wetaskiwin and it looks good. Their son is 32 and they really want him to find his soul mate.

Cloudy here today but the neighborhood is doing their morning walk around the park. We're sitting here watching them as we drink our lattes. Denis dropped me off at the hospital yesterday and then I walked home. It is only 8km. but I broke it up by going for lunch and stopping to shop. I'm definitely a destination walker, hate to just walk around and around.

Good luck with your endeavors this week, Shannon.

Love to all