Friday 15 April 2011

Lunchbox Love


At 11 and 13 (gasp) I think it is more important than ever to show my boys how much I love them. One of the ways I do this is to put notes in their lunch bags. They love them and I love to do it. I am always looking for cute little cards or note paper that I can use for this purpose. I don't say much, but I want them to know how very much I love them and that I am always thinking of them.


Writing notes and letters is something I do a lot of. I send random cards to Jessica and have written quite a few notes to Em as well as other friends and family. I like to do it and it is quickly becoming a lost art. With email being so prevalent you rarely get anything in the mail that isn't a bill. If you haven't sent a card or note to someone recently, maybe you should (guilt guilt). The smile they will be have will be worth it!

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

You are so right, I think we all love to receive personal mail and it is becoming a lost art. I know the boys and Em love the postcards but now we're back in Alberta we don't send them out as often as we do in the winter. The guilt is registered.

The notes are a lovely touch Shannon, I'm sure the boys love to receive them.

No snow, yay! Hope everyone's flood waters are receding.

Love to all
























,

GrmpaGrmma said...

I remember sending a few notes in Stan's lunch box over the 27 years that he had to take lunch. We can't remember if Kelly & Craig had to take lunch to school or not - how easily we forget!!! Your notes to Sterling & Kaeden are wonderful Shannon and I'm sure they love getting them. You're right about writing notes or letters is almost a lost art and my mom would attest to that as well. She loves getting letters in the mail and with almost all her siblings gone and dad's side of the family getting older - none of them write anymore. Along with the boys package, you'll see a little note to you and Craig! Hope it arrives next week before Easter and if not before Good Friday, shortly after.

Hope you're having a great weekend - love you lots - BIG HUGS TO ALL!