Monday 11 April 2011

Goin' for a Joyride...




Saturday afternoon Sterling and his buddy cornered me with the request to take them to Joyride 150, an indoor bike park about an hour from our home. I couldn't think of a good reason to say no, so early Sunday morning the three of us headed out. We were the first to arrive and the boys were thrilled. This is a 90,000 sqft abandoned warehouse that has everything a biking enthusiast would need to have fun. There are pump tracks, obstacle courses, a foam pit and just about anything else you can think of. I think what I loved the most was that there were people of all ages there. Little kids (3 years old?) with bikes with no pedals, scooting around, hardcore bikers with all the gear and their serious faces on, moms reading books, dads working on their computers, families with children of all ages decked out with their helmets and a grin, enjoying spending the day together. I was so impressed. The boys had a wonderful time and I promised a return trip sometime in the future. I loved sitting back and people watching, chatting with my mom, texting Craig and reading my book. All in all it was a great day for all of us.

1 comment:

GrmpaGrmma said...

What a great idea someone had to put something old to such use. Sounds like a real family time together one way or another.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!