Thursday 21 April 2011

Baileys and Hot Chocolate


Some days a Baileys is just what the doctor ordered. With cold weather this past weekend
I treated myself to a splash of Baileys with some hot chocolate. I love this drink and could seriously drink it every day. Yum. When I opened our measly liquor cabinet on Sunday I saw the bottle I had bought for Shirley at Christmas and decided a drink would make my afternoon. The lid was screwed on so tight I had to go outside and get Craig to unscrew the cap for me. He looked a little surprised as I asked him to open it but didn't comment. I figured it must have been 5pm somewhere!

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

You mean we left some in there after our holiday???? I don't think I've ever tried it with hot chocolate - I'll have to give a taste. I"m sure it was 5:00 o'clock somewhere and it also helped with the cold weather!

Your bargain shopping looks great - I've done shopping in a couple of our places here as well and some people have brought in brand new items that have never been used.

I'm off to Line Dancing this morning, Stan coffee, lunch, mom has a perm appt. at 1:00 p.m. and Linda and I will pick up her groceries while she's getting all pretty. Kelly, Petrica and boys arrive today sometime and then Stan has to go to the Comp School to help set up chairs for the Good Friday Service at the Comp. Speaking of Good Friday, I had started looking at our photo books that you made for us when we came to Courtice the first Easter you were there and Sterling's comment on it being Lucky Friday. I loved looking through my photo albums but it also makes one sad to see how grown up the boys are especially if you say Sterlin's passed you Shannon.

Hope we can see you on Skype tomorrow if it works for all of you. Have a "Lucky Friday" - BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Our cupboard is bare, no Baileys, no beer, wine...no nuthin'. Not in withdrawal yet but don't anticipate supporting the liquor tax unless we have company. It should help with the weight also. Happy Hour is a $3 a jug not $12 like Tuesday.

Getting set up today as we've been here since Monday and haven't had time to do a thing except level and put out the slides. Jessica and the girls will come tomorrow and Saturday we'll all head up to Calgary.

It was great speaking with you today Shannon but like Shirley, I think we'll try to set up Skype also.

Happy Easter everyone.

Love to all