Wednesday 20 April 2011

Deal of the Day





On Sunday Craig and I went to Value Village. We have often donated household goods and clothing to this store but rarely shop there. There is something about seeing other people's underwear for sale that disturbs me. However, I have been looking for a Lazy Susan for our kitchen table and since we were nearby I convinced Craig that we had to stop in. The gods were smiling on me. I quickly found one hideous wood one, and after another moment of searching we came across this green metal one. Wonderfully priced at $1.99! I couldn't believe our luck. We also found a bundt pan and an omelet pan. Our three purchases came to a whopping total of $11.29. You can't beat that. Craig and I then headed to Canadian Tire where we discussed the merits of different spray paints and haggled over what color to buy. I finally settled on red and we brought it home and Craig kindly painted it for me. He's awesome!

Now it has a proud space in the middle of my table. I love it!

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

It will look great on the black and white tiles, very Italiano.

Dean and Jane left for Vernon today but e-mailed to say they only got to Cochrane due to snow. They left early to avoid it and drove right into it. Had lunch at Stauffers, fabulous as ever. She has to be the best cook I know.

Had some testing to do just after 3 then some shopping, book work, etc. ad nauseum. Really busy the rest of the time complaining to the phone company, car insurance, motor home insurance, just anyone who would listen about the increases in everything. The biggest shock since coming home has got to be the cost of food. It should mean a large weight loss, I hope. The increase in food prices make the fuel look cheap.

Love to all