Sunday 19 December 2010

overwhelmed

Seriously, I am overwhelmed. To the point of crying. Pitiful, really. My poor husband. Everything is fine and will be fine but with the countdown to Christmas and everything that needs to be done for that I feel like I am sinking. We are anxiously awaiting our family who are coming to spend the holidays with us but as we have never hosted a Christmas in the 15 years we have been married, we are a little out of our element.
At the beginning of the month we bought Kaedo's big gift - an XBOX 360 Kinect. He will be over the moon. We were anxious to purchase it as we thought it may be "the gift" this year and as it was the only thing on his wish list, we had to get it. Check that off my list. As of Friday we had yet to buy Sterling's gift - a laptop. My Visa is still whimpering. That was a given as it was the only thing on his wish list. We have added all the accessories for both the laptop and the XBOX and Stan and Shirley and Jessica have kindly just handed over the money they wanted to spend and allowed us to purchase what we thought would be best.
So, Friday I was overwhelmed, Sterling had had his last appt with his therapist (maternity leave), I had 5 gingerbread houses to make for Sterling's class, Craig's cake, shopping for his birthday (LOVE what I got him), 2 more days of work this week, shopping to be done and I was getting a cold. By 9:45am I was in tears and by 7pm I was insisting that Craig and I go out and get our shopping finished. I think the capper on the day was Craig saying "stop freaking out". Needless to say there were a few tense moments in the car.
So now Sunday has come. I have two days off, Craig made the gingerbread (all I have to do is get it rolled out, cut and cooked), MOST of the shopping is done, the cake will get made and Craig is on holidays so much of the cleaning and organizing will be left in his capable hands. So, a sigh of relief, a thank you that I have 4 more days of work then four days off, and the season is upon us and I need to be merry.

Sorry I have not been posting but this week will be filled with posts - I promise!

2 comments:

KPJC said...

Hey Shannon, we knw first hand that Christmas and hosting can be stressful, but just so that you know we are pretty low key. Honestly the boys are extatic that they get to play with their cousins and we are happy to get the chance to see you guys again. Whatever happens we will be there to help as well - not a good cleaner but most anything else! See you guys in what Jacob says is 4 sleeps.

Denis & Irene said...

Christmas is always a stressful time, even when family are the ones that we're entertaining. When it's family, it doesn't matter. They love you no matter how organized or disorganized you are. I know how much you are anticipating this visit and how glad you are that you will host a real family Christmas. Sweat not!! You are one of the most organized people I know and with Craig pitching in it will be as wonderful as can be. The Klassens will have a wonderful time and you'll wonder what all the worry was about.

Love you tons and know that your visit will be special. Next year, it may be the other side of the family and then watch out.

Love to all