Thursday 9 December 2010

2 years

Boy has time flown by. It is two years today that I started with the bank. Can you believe it?
I remember the shock of being downsized from my previous job and being so scared that we wouldn't be able to make it. Craig said he had heard they were hiring at the bank and kindly helped me write my resume which he delivered to a friend who had an in with the hiring dept.
He dropped off my resume on the Wednesday and Wednesday afternoon I got a call to set up an appointment for a phone interview. On Thursday I had my phone interview. On Friday I had the practical testing - (can you answer the phone and chew gum at the same time kind of thing) and Monday I had a face to face interview. I got a call Monday saying I got the job and Tuesday I started.
We were so scared. The boys were going to have to take the bus, I was going to be working every night, Craig was going to have to be responsible for suppers, showers, bedtime, homework. Would we be able to handle it??
Two years later, what started off as a part time job, has turned into a full time career and while I don't always love my job I am happy to have one that keeps me busy, brings money into the house and I am home to spend time with my family in the evenings.
The kids no longer have to take the bus and Craig is no longer responsible for supper and we have made it as a unit because we love each other and can make anything work.

Here's to many more years!

1 comment:

GrmpaGrmma said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON A JOB WELL DONE TO ALL OF YOU!!!

The years do fly by quickly don't they - we talk about how many years it's been since we've both been retired and can't believe it's been 7 for me and 6 for Stan.

It's a beautiful morning here with the sun shining and blue sky and not much wind. Hope this weather continues right through until the end of February - not asking much am I!

Just got home from Line Dancing and not too much planned for the rest of the day. Barb wants us to come over for coffee and cards tonight and would like me to be a photographer for them. Their kids want a newer picture of them, so hopefully we can get a good one of the two of them.

Hope you're all having a great day - BIG HUGS TO ALL! 15 more sleeps!