Thursday 1 April 2010

SPRING IS HERE!!! (or else)



Spring is here, I swear it is. Apparently it is supposed to be +21 this weekend. The boys will be getting their bikes out and maybe go with Craig on the first bike ride of the season. I have officially put the shovels, and salt away in the garage. I have also taken their ski jackets and vests and put them in the basement. I wore sandals yesterday and Kaedo was playing in short sleeves. I love Spring. I love the chirping of the birds, the possibility of maybe getting a robin's nest in one of our trees, no scraping of the windshield, no jacket necessary when I go to work, enjoying the walk from the "back 40" where I have to park and listening to the laughs of the kids as they sit outside on the deck eating pizza with their buddies.
Easter weekend and a 4 day holiday for the boys. This is our first year that the boys "officially" don't believe in the Easter Bunny. It really is a little sad. I have to work on Friday and Saturday but Craig is off on Friday so the boys will get to spend the day with him. I am "lucky" in that I work 10:15am-6:15pm on Friday so I will have Friday night with the fam. Looking forward to that.
Mom and dad are now officially Albertans again. Boo hoo for them. I know the girlies out there will be happy to have their Ammy and Baba back. Welcome home to reality!
Kelly - I will get it set up and send the info to you. No creative writing necessary. I know you can do it. Check your mailbox over the next couple of weeks.


1 comment:

GrmpaGrmma said...

We really hope Spring is here as well. Stan put our BIG shovel away last week and the smaller one this week. Then he serviced the lawn mower and after servicing it, you should run it for 10 minutes so our back yard is all cleaned up and looks great. This afternoon he decided to do the front so he's hard at it now. I'm getting ready to take my mom for a haircut and an Easter hairdue. Hope it makes her feel better and puts her in a happier mood.

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL OF YOU!! Talk to you on Easter Sunday (maybe by Skype!!)

BIG HUGS TO ALL!!

P.S. - Welcome home Denis & Irene - sorry we missed seeing you on your way back to Alberta. See you in July for sure.