Saturday 24 April 2010

Saturday

Busy day today at our house. Last bowling of the year this morning. The boys did great and Sterling had a stupendous last game of his illustrious bowling career - 189. He has decided to hang up the bowling balls and pursue a different activity this fall. Kaedo will be using Sterling's balls come September as he loves to bowl and wants to continue. He was a bit teary this morning talking about this being the last bowling of the year. He is just a fantastic bowler and has the patience needed for such a game - unlike other children in our household - no names given!

Craig was thrilled to win at football this week and was looking forward to some more playoff hockey that just had to be watched with his dog and a bag of Spitz by his side.

Kaedo was invited to spend the afternoon with a friend and it has ended up being a sleepover, complete with a dip in the hot tub. He'll be home in the morning and after not getting too much sleep, will be happy with the prospect of watching a movie tomorrow afternoon.

Sterling got the chance to spend the afternoon with a friend as well and they ended up going swimming and then coming back to our place for hot dogs and Smiles and an afternoon/eve of Super Mario Bros. N just left at 8 and now Craig and Sterling are sitting down watching TV. I'm sure Sterling is eating his Spitz as I write this. He is trying to eat as many possible now as he figures come Wednesday he won't be able to anymore with his bottom tracks on.

And me, I'm working and since 2:02pm have been on the countdown to go home (at that point it was T- 7:58hrs). I'm at T-1:16hrs so I guess I have made it through another Saturday.

Looking forward to grocery shopping with Craig tomorrow. It has become our Sunday ritual. I have scoured the online flyers looking for the best deals and have a plan of action for tomorrow afternoon. Pitiful really.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend.

3 comments:

Annette said...

I love your flyer comment....with a conscience effort to buy more fruits and veg't I have to make grocery lists too after much flyer research...which is fun for me though. I plan the meals and make the grocery list and my husband is kind enough to almost always buy the groceries and cook the meal I plan out....

Have fun shopping!

GrmpaGrmma said...

CONGRATULATIONS STERLING ON YOUR GREAT BOWLING GAME!!! I'm sure you'll find something else to enjoy.

Sounds like you had a busy weekend. Our company arrived today around 2:30 p.m. and it's been a busy household till 9:45 p.m. and company retired to the basement for night. Sam & Linda took mom home around 9:00 p.m. I just finished tidying up and Stan's watching something on t.v. Not sure what's up for tomorrow - we were hoping for nice weather but woke up to snow this morning and it's been snowing off and on all day.

Hope to catch you tomorrow with a visit.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Groceries are a chore so it's nice to be able to make a fun time out of something that has to be done on a fairly regular basis. I'm a daily (sort of) shopper except when I go to Costco and then with three or four purchases you're good for a few weeks. Fresh fruit and veggies take me into the grocery store more often than I care to go. Nothing is fresher than buying it off the truck while their harvesting. We get spoiled in the winter.

The weather saved us yesterday from running after Emma while she learned how to ride a two wheeler so we went bowling instead. Today however it's double ugly as Baba won't be able to help and I'll be running and balancing her on my own. I told her that Anti said to teach her on the grass and we think that's a great idea but she didn't want to hurt the grass so a little persuasion will be required. It will be fun, she's a riot.

Great bowling Sterling! Maybe by next year you may want to have another go but there are lots of other things to choose from if that doesn't happen. So glad you enjoy it so much Kaedo.

Denis's first day back at work today, I think he's looking forward to socializing as well as selling although he hasn't admitted to that yet. He really likes the staff here in the Hat. I'm getting some resumes out but don't really want full time work so we'll see what happens. Sure couldn't sit around all summer doing nothing even though there's a lot you can find to do, I just need the mental stimulation and crosswords and sudoku just don't do it. We've been back almost a month so the jaw is starting to clench, time to really put the effort into the job search.

Hope your weather gets better Stan and Shirley. Hope ours gets warmer too.

Love to all