Monday 26 April 2010

Coupon Clippers Unite!

Great Sunday for us. How about you? Had the opportunity to spend the morning talking with my mom. It was great. Craig, Sterling and I then headed out to do our grocery shopping. We collected all the coupons we thought we would use and headed into the store to do our shopping. Craig kept a running tally and even caught an error by the clerk at the till - saving us $3.39.
We stopped at 3 different stores getting our deals that I had found on line. Once we got home I proceeded to put away the groceries and get some food prepped for the week. I cooked half the ground beef for tacos and/or sloppy joes, cooked the chicken for the week, made soup, muffins and a stew and ended up having Kaedo's friend come over and have supper with us. They had a great time and Sterling enjoyed showing off his mad whittling skills. He is practicing up for his time with Baba.

Today was another beautiful day. Kaedo was supposed to ride his bike but was too tired. He and his buddy plan to ride tomorrow. Sterling had a great day and even phoned me to tell me he had found his hat. He had bought it while we were away and had lost it at school. He says it needs to be washed but that is easily taken care of.

Tomorrow I work days and gnomeee picture in the morning. Yesterday I knocked Gnomeee over and his head fell off. Craig fixed him but I may have to break down and buy a replacement.

Wednesday Sterling is taking the day off and has lots of appointments, so we are going to spend the day together. I am looking forward to a one on one day with him. I have no idea when the last one was.

Hope everyone is well.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Sounds like you had a fun shopping day with family.

Nice talking to you Sterling, Kaeden & Craig - sorry we missed you Shannon! Hope your work day went well.

It didn't warm up here today enough for us to take the little ones for a walk so we pretty well vegged in the house all afternoon. We went for a quick drive this morning and ended up at Walmart for about 15 minutes. Our company plan on leaving tomorrow sometime so I thought I'd have mom over for a bit of a visit in the morning before they leave.

Good luck with your job hunting Irene - hope you find something to keep you busy while you're in the Hat. Hard to believe you've been home a month already - time sure does fly by fast when you're having fun!! Hope the two wheeler driving went well today.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Went to Lethbridge today for Dr. appointments. Denis needs an ultrasound on his shoulder but the date the nurse got for us wasn't convenient. We dropped into radiology to change the day and they said he could have it done right away. He also got x-rays and we were at the place we were meeting friends by 11.30. That's our health care system at work. Sometimes you just luck out, having an acquaintance working the desk at radiology helps too.

Our two wheeling wasn't the teaching I thought. Emma got on the bike, I put my hand on the back of the seat and then let go. She was riding, it took all of 2-1/2 minutes if that, I was amazed and so was her mom. We took your advice Shannon and went on the grass, coming home she rode on the road, she felt that confident. Needless to say I was walking down the middle of the road with both arms out so that no cars could get past if any should come along. She was pretty proud of herself and rightly so.

Hope everyone had a great day.

Love to all