Monday 2 November 2009

Adventures in Hair Coloring

Monday - yuck!
Had a great day with the fam yesterday. Slept in a little, had a 90 minute talk with mom and got to spend the day with my favorite 3 people.
The doorbell rang at 9:45am and it was the kids next door looking for some friends to play with. The boys willingly obliged and they were outside playing in no time. They came and went throughout the morning and afternoon as Lucas had hockey and we took a run up to Wal-Mart.
When you have nothing else to do but need some fruit for lunches, a trip to Wal-Mart is the perfect solution. Sterling and Kaedo head off to the electronics dept (you know they are getting big when they go to Electronics instead of Toys) and Craig and I price compare our purchases looking for the best deal. It's actually quite fun shopping with him. I always enjoy it.
On our way into Wal-Mart, the boys were quite vocal about the rather large strip of grey hair I have. "Mom, you should color that", "mom, man do you ever have a lot of grey". So, Craig and I took a walk into the hair color dept and decided that we should highlight my hair. So, we looked around, found what we thought would work and added it to our purchases.
Once we got home, I put on the cap and Craig spent an hour pulling hair through it. We colored it, left it for an hour and then Sterling got into the tub and rinsed it off for me. It looks great. If you're dressing up as a pumpkin for Halloween. Sterling thinks it's great. Kaedo thinks it's orange, and Craig said,"hmm, you have quite a bit of red in there".

3 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Where's the picture Shannon?? I'm wondering if my boys ever thought I should dye my hair - if they thought it, they never mentioned it. Maybe I should get rid of the grey showing through now - BUT everytime I ever thought about dying my hair, my dad's speech to me was - your hair will turn green if you do that!! Good luck with it and I'm sure however it turned out, you will still look beautiful!

It's a gorgeous day here again today - any day without snow is good. Stan is heading out to work at Uncle Pete's place putting up a fence. Hard to believe that they can work outside on a fence on November 2.

Today is my mom's 86th b'day. Last year we had such fun celebrating her 85th with a dance and everything. Stan & I called her this morning to sing Happy Birthday and she's up and ready to head down to the Senior Centre to play cards. It is so good that she still has people that can pick her up and take her places because that's when she's the happiest.

I'm heading for a hair trim this morning at 10:30 and then at 1:00 I'm going over to Cyndi Tasche's place to work for her for a few hours and then Stan & I are going to a Fall Supper at the First United Church with John & Alice Wall. It's our first Fall Supper and there have been many around here.

Hope your Monday goes well!

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Jessica said...

Pictures???

Denis & Irene said...

s14k25e3
Pictures?????I have more question marks, so I win.