Tuesday 17 November 2009

no gnome

Sorry - no gnome picture this morning. Sterling was sick and in bed, so no picture. He got up at about 11am and decided he was ready for school, so I have just dropped him off. I will have to get a picture tomorrow morning.
All is well here. We all pigged out this weekend on Sterling's birthday and so I am nervous getting on the scale. Oh Well, what can you do? It was worth it! Every bite of chocolate sour cream cake. Yum!

I am looking forward to tomorrow and a day off. Craig is working from home tomorrow as we have our assessment at the school tomorrow morning. I am anxious to see what comes out of it. I haven't been sleeping well, so I am hoping it is just this and I will sleep better tomorrow night.

Craig and I have come to the decision that I am going to start working on Sundays whenever possible. We are hoping I can get a 4-midnight shift on Sunday nights. It would work well and provide me with another 8 hours a week. I don't want to work all weekend but Sunday nights would be OK.

I have started wrapping the gifts I have bought for my sweet nieces and nephews. I am getting a little pile going. I bought some Kraft paper and have stamped it with snowflakes. It looks cute. Have you started your holiday shopping? What about your wrapping? Can you believe Christmas is right around the corner? Boy does time fly.

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

The few small tokens we are sending to Courtice are being wrapped and we hope to send them off next week. We are concentrating on Ken's birthday right now as he is having a surprise party on Friday night as he won't be home for his birthday.

We are visiting mom on Saturday as it is the last Saturday we have until we leave. When I finish work I will go up for a day. I hate going during the week because she is so busy with activities and her weekends are kind of boring. Cheryl usually goes on Sunday so maybe we could change with her one weekend.

You're trying to get extra hours and I'm looking forward to having none. It's been a tough summer. I'll be more careful next time...never go into a company that has had major accounting staff problems...if only I'd known. Having said that, I love a challenge..and it's been one for the last 5 months. It's a love/hate relationship...love to work/hate to take on someone else's mess.

I'm not looking forward to weighing in either although I've been very careful. I can't seem to budge from the weight I've been all week unless it's to go up a lb. or so. I never believed them when they said it's harder to lose as you age. We're healthy, that's what's most important.

Love to all

Denis & Irene said...

It's Wednesday, but no blog. I'm weighing in at 162. This is a tough road, can't believe it's so difficult to take these extra lbs. off. I never used to have this problem. Better week next week, I hope

Love to all