Saturday 7 November 2009

Saturday Schmaturday

Saturday morning and the weather is beautiful. Have an extra child here this morning. Kaedo and Josh plotted a plan yesterday at school that involved another weekend of joint sleepovers. Josh came over last night and stayed over and this morning is joining us at the bowling alley. I will drop him and Kaedo off at his house and Kaedo will go and watch his hockey game and then spend the night over there. It is such a great friendship and Josh is so easy to have over.
Sterling called his buddy last night and he is grounded and so he can't come over. Too bad. Another weekend.

Craig is off playing football this morning and we are leaving shortly for the bowling alley. I am going to enjoy my day off and dream about next Sunday when I plan to stay in my jammies all day!

Hope you have a great weekend.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Have a GREAT weekend as well!!

Stan is off to Moose Jaw with Jim Barber to help him fix a tanning bed. I'm taking my mom and her friend Winnie to a Legion Tea this afternoon. It is beautiful here as well - plus 9, sun shining and abit of wind.

Tomorrow we head to P.A. the stay with the boys while Kelly & Petrica enjoy a much deserved holiday. Hope the weather is as nice there as here so we can take the boys for walks. Grampa is to take his skates along to go skating with Jacob.

Hope bowling, football and sleepovers went well!

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Great bowling. So glad you are enjoying it and it sure keeps your mom hopping from lane to lane.

Had a wonderful visit with mom today. We went for lunch at the pub and shared a meal. That way she was able to have onion rings and shepherd's pie. I love the pie but the onion rings are too rich for my taste. We then "walked" to the bank and then to Second Cup for a coffee. She said that she'd had a great day and we spent all of it out and about. It was only 3-1/2 hours that I was there but that's a big chunk out of her day.

I don't know about other banks but when we went into Scotiabank and I tried to get some money out for her, with her card and PIN number, the machine shut down. I guess the girl at reception has some power over it because when I go in alone with her card, I never have a problem. Anyway, we had to go to a teller and she asked mom how much she wanted and made her sign for it because, again, I had keyed in her PIN. I'm very glad the bank protects people like that as I was at another bank this week and I felt very uncomfortable as this young person was coaxing his grandmother to take out some money and the teller didn't and probably couldn't do anything about it. I had a feeling that wouldn't have happened at Scotiabank. Good on you.

Short week this week with Wednesday being a holiday so I'm hoping to pair up with my buddy for lunch and a good chat.

Love to all