Tuesday 22 April 2008

Tuesday Blues and a thanks

Still feeling like crap.
Got to get rid of this. It shall however, be a good excuse to cancel my trip to Alberta if I can't wear flip flops while I am there. What the Hell? 2 ft of snow? It's April people, the end of April! In my fragile physical condition I don't think I can journey all the way across the country to see my favorite niece (and the rest of you) if you cannot do something about this emergency situation. Maybe you need to call out the army.

Seriously, this cold is kicking the shit out of me. The fam should be happy they even got a meal last night. Oh, who am I kidding? Any night they get a meal is cause for celebration. Mom and Shirley - you must be rolling over in your therapeutic adjustable beds right now. Just for the record - they did not eat cereal, Kraft Dinner or popcorn.

Went to bed at 7pm last night. Craig cleaned up supper and even washed the kitchen table - isn't he darling? He went out for milk, brown sugar, and soy milk and got the brats to bed - all without waking me up. The man is a god. I woke up at 6:10 - must of just missed him - dragging my bright eyes and bushy tail into the bathroom just so I could contemplate actually facing the day.

On the bright side, I m going to Markham today. On the dark side, I am going to Markham today. The show must go on.

OK - that is enough of my witty repartee.

GET THAT SNOW CLEANED UP!

3 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Shannon - please get to a doctor!! It hasn't been that long since you had pneumonia and you may have it again. We want you to feel good to enjoy your holiday with everyone. We're trying real hard to get rid of the snow but just looking outside today, it's trying real hard to make some more of the white stuff fall. It's very windy here today which makes it feel even colder. We'll keep praying that it gets real nice and warm for you to come out west - bring some of that nice warm sun with you okay! Last week when it was so nice here, I talked Stan into putting all the winter jackets, gloves and boots away. I'm being quite stubborn and I haven't got my winter jacket back up - I just double up! Stan got his out yesterday and wasn't sorry that he did.

Stan's over at Jim & Roberta's helping Jim again this afternoon. I went Line Dancing this morning and haven't got too much accomplished this afternoon.

Hope you're feeling somewhat better today - take care - BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Jessica said...

I have made a few calls and the snow is melting as I type. The snow covered dirt piles behind our house are starting to show their dirt-covered heads. You may have to pack your hip-waders if the melt goes as quick as they suspect. I'll keep you informed on any progress.

Denis & Irene said...

Where's my tough kids?? What's a little pneumonia? It'll toughen you up for the holiday and god knows you'll need it if you're partying with your sister. What's a little snow??? This is Canada, land of the frozen frontier. Having said that, Texas here I come. Please get better, we don't want Ontario germs in Alberta. This weather really sucks though, so please bring yours....it looks so much better.

Dad's first day of work, my first day of looking. There are loads of jobs out there but I don't want to start before you get here, then I have about 4 dental appointments, plus a day of tests in Calgary..I will really have to take lots of time off before I get started. Ahhh!

Is Malibu still your drink of choice? I still have some from when you met us in Michigan last summer.

Must go, my Flames are on, hopefully, very on.

Love to all