Thursday 24 April 2008

Book worm


Watching my son read is magical. He is entranced by the written words, anxious to turn the page and continue the adventure, all the while hoping it will never end. I love how he lays the book in front of him and lays his chin on his hands. When I watch him I feel like I am in the story with him. He takes his books to bed with him. Not just to read, but to somehow, through osmosis, be able to re-read the story again. They hold a place of honor - on the pillow next to his head.
He has started on the Hardy Boys series now. Hell, I'll give him a cereal box if it keeps him reading.
sorry for the bad photo - taken at the library on my phone

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

He's a believer also, books really are best friends, faithful in good and bad weather. Always there to give you joy and alleviate boredom. We're so glad that he enjoys as much as you do. It took Jessica a while longer, but she loves to read also. Emma loves her storytime, reading along with you. Hey Kaed, how are books for you?

Love to all