Monday 28 April 2008

tigercats

Sterling is the newest member of the Clarington Tigercats rep. tackle football club. Oh God! He is so excited. We have been talking about it, and Sterling is just in love with the sport, so we decided to bite the bullet and register him. It starts on May 26-27 and he'll practice 2 nights a week until he leaves on holidays. As soon as he gets back he'll have to do his weigh-in and start playing. He is going to miss the majority of the practices as they practice twice a week all summer. They have told us that this is fine and that they would still like him to play. Needless to say, he is over the moon.
I spent quite a lot of time on Friday speaking with the head of the program and we went to do the registering yesterday. We were thrilled with the program head and coaches and all and more of our questions were answered. As I write this I realize I have one more question, so I will have to get that answered this week. They play all the way from Bowmanville to Burlington and have a 10 game schedule, 5 home, 5 away. If you want more info go here.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know what we have going on here.
Go ti-cats!

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

So, when does he start hockey? My child will never play football....I love it. I bet those poor coaches dread seeing you walk in the door....knowing all the questions you will have. Joking aside, it must have been a tough decision but what can you do if he really wants to play. Like father...like son. Craig loves it so much and I'm sure Sterling will also.

Good for you Sterling, I love football. I checked the game schedule and it only goes up until August that I could see. Will you be playing when we're there in September? We sure hope so. It's just so hard to really cheer and yell when mom is there as she gives us the evil eye.

Three more sleeps...

Love to all

KPJC said...

Wow! It is hard to believe that my nephew is going to suit up on a football team. The multi-sport athlete he is. I can't wait to see some footage. I know tha they are trying to get that type of league going here. i think it is awesome as long as they think of "safety first".

Rewind a bit - like my blog I only get to peek at all blogs once in awhile and we just saw the photo of the boys on your blog and it looks great. It is one of our favorites as well and is hanging in our living room.

Take care everyone - have a safe trip Shan.