Monday 31 March 2008

guilty as charged?

not quite
Went to court today. A long drawn out process. Met the prosecutor - a not so jolly fellow with a God complex. After repeatedly assuring me that I was guilty and there was nothing I could do, I decided to go to trial. I think he was a bit surprised as I was then able to plead down. I figured I could get a lesser conviction somehow.
He gave me the option of "failure to turn out to left to avoid collision". Which really means "we are going to claw $85 and 2 demerit points out of your oh so beautiful and svelte flesh". I feel much better about that as I never would have gotten off scot-free.
The court situation is an interesting one. Everything from the guy who seemed glad to be there if for nothing else than having something to do on a rainy Monday afternoon to the woman who sat one over from me who seemed to have a breathing problem - if all the deep breaths and heavy sighing means anything. I hope she gets that looked at.
She did talk to me, though. I was happy to hear that when she was pulled over she was charged with four separate offences. Apparently she is sure she can win. Apparently I'm going to win the lottery on Wednesday. Who knew?

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

A chip off the old block. Do you remember boys, how many times we went to the police station last year? We won though, that's the difference. Lawyers and custom agents just don't know how to react when you get in their face closer than they're in yours. I love it...made my day today while coming back into Canada. It's like a game, so much fun. You can get them going so easy and there's not much they can do because you're clean. There are some real jerks and some extremely nice customs officers. I got some of both today. When dad realized I was going to be delayed he said "See you down the road". We had such a good laugh although he'd had to wait down the road a lot longer than he'd anticipated. It was really a very interesting part of my day.

Lethbridge is much cooler than Texas. I'd like to say it's good to be home but I'd be lying. We look forward to seeing our friends and of course our family, but it would be way more fun if they'd all come to visit us in Texas. Going to Jessica's tomorrow, have to do laundry. Have to see my kid, have to see my grandkid, and luckily Ken is home so we'll see him too. We don't get to see much of him so this will be great. Look forward to Shannon's visit. By the way, the Malibu I bought for you in July in Michigan that you didn't finish, which I still have, was one of the contentious issues of our border crossing. I don't know if they finally saw things my way or if they just wanted to get rid of me. I didn't care which, I was not giving in. It's the principal.

Anybody want to buy a motorhome??

Love to all