Sunday 9 March 2008

Spring Break day 3

Hello all -
Sunday and the snow isn't falling. About another foot yesterday. Snow piles are taller than the kids. Crazy. Roads have been plowed.
Our Spring Break has been great so far. I had all these pictures I wanted to share but they all suck. Here's a rundown of what we have been up to:
Thursday night we went out to dinner at Kelsey's. It was fantastic. Craig had received a gift card for there for a job well done, so we had to use it. We hadn't been out to a real dinner in months - can't remember the last time, actually, so we decided Thursday was a good time. (asked Craig and he said it was for his birthday) It's always nice to go out on Thursday nights. If I'm not mistaken, mom and dad used to take us to Queen's Pizza on Thursday nights.
Friday the day was beautiful, so we were up and ready to go early. I had physio and the boys were just great. My appointment took about 90 minutes and they just sat in the waiting room and played on their game systems and stuff. They were awesome. We came home after that and later in the afternoon we headed out again on a quest. I will fill you in soon. Came home, hung out and then Craig got home. Watched another Die Hard movie (gasp) and called it a day.
Yesterday (sat) we got up and Craig shovelled, and then we headed out to bowling. It was dead in there. What normally takes us 2 hours took 40 minutes. There were only two on Sterling's team and one on the other. It was too fast as they are almost always bowling. I think there is a sense of urgency so they rush through. In saying that, he bombed his first game but totally kicked it in his second and third game. He did awesome and enjoyed himself. The four of us went as I was a little nervous about driving with all the snow and the rental.
After bowling, we headed to the grocery store and did our shopping then headed home and stayed put. It was really snowing and blowing and no one wanted to take any chances.
Funny thing happened last night - Craig and I were minding our own business when all of the sudden the smoke alarm goes. No, I wasn't cooking. Craig rushes down the stairs and all you can smell is burning wood. Sterling was using his dremel and was using a bit that was for metal not wood and it was not happy. There was no fire, but obviously the smoke detector down there did not appreciate Sterling's craftsmanship.
Today, who knows. Craig is out shovelling, I'm doing this, Kaedo is on the computer and Sterling is carrying around his PSP learning the songs on it. I have a vague recollection of lying on the floor in my room replaying "La Isla Bonita" by Madonna, 6000 trying to learn the words. As they say - what goes around comes around. You must be smiling now, mom.
That's it -
S

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

Keep that dremel in good order, Sterling. Baba's been nursing his for a couple of years now so I bought him a "new, all improved one" for his birthday. He's pretty happy about it as he just loves that tool.

We took the bikes to South Padre Island today, along with chairs, books and a cooler. We sat on the beach..wearing shorts, long sleeve T, light fleece, wind pullover and Denis huge vest around my legs. He had a T and shorts. I'm becoming a Texan, if it's not 80 I'm freezing. Anyway, it was very fun and there were quite a few people out in the water and picnicking. We didn't bike as the wind was blowing at about 40 miles an hour crosswise and we have to bike on the road. It totally rocked and we fought with the gulls for our lunch and with the wasps for the leftover crumbs. We did some groceries on our way home, needed champagne for the big celebration tomorrow, and now I'm doing laundry as I sit here and type. As soon as it goes in the dryer we are playing pool. I actually beat dad 4-1 yesterday. I'm telling everyone I meet.

It is spring break in Texas this week so there are lots of young people around which I love. They are very cool and very friendly, it's called Texas week here, not spring break.

Washing is ready to dry, must go.

Love to all