Wednesday 5 March 2008

not quite snowday

Wednesday and the weather is sucky. Actually, it isn't too bad, now that the freezing rain, snow, wind, and chill is gone. Let me just say that I am weather oblivious. If someone asks me what the weather is like I always say fine. If there is no snow I have my sandals on. If there is snow, I have socks on with my sandals. It started freezing rain last night and then proceeded to snow about 6" (?). My awesome friend Laura generously offered to bring over her snow blower and do my drive/walk for me. It was so cool to see her coming down the street, snow flying, sunglasses wearing, ass kicking, snowplow driver. She did a great job, allowing me to just do minor shoveling. She then proceeded to do all the sidewalks on the street. She rocks.

Skating day at school today. Sterling wasn't going, as he doesn't have skates (gasp!), but Kaeden was excited to go. I got a call from kaedo at 9:30 telling me it got cancelled because of the weather and could I come pick his stuff up. No problem. Sterling was supposed to come home during his skating time and so I hadn't packed him a lunch. So, I did that, and took it to the school. He was disappointed too, but for a different reason.

TKD tonight. This morning I wasn't sure I would go, as I am very nervous of smashing this car up. Things look good now, though, so I'll be heading out to Bville tonight.

Sterling finished basketball last night and in the end said he really enjoyed it. We'll see if he participates again next year.

Spring Break starts tomorrow at 3:40pm. Ick. It is going to be a long 10 days. Sterling already wants to know what we are going to be doing every day, so I have just replied, "nothing". He's thrilled.
Pile of snow against the garage
"The Car" The boys are in love and would trade me in if it meant they could have this car.
Snow forts built with the Backyardigans

My crushed shrubs. Boo!

Well, have a good day, wherever you are, whatever the weather,
s

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

You've been telling us for years that it snows in Toronto but not at your place. What happened? The weather here is a little crummy too, it's only 78F not 80F. Palms blowing in the breeze, tiny white clouds breezing by, ho hum.

Denis is so busy with his jewelry making and wood carving. He actually bought a rock tumbler today so that he could polish his own rocks. He's just lovin' it.

I didn't do much of anything special today, just did my thing and had a great day. It's always a great day when the sun is shining.

The bikes are on the car and we'll be heading to South Padre Island sometime this week, if we find the time. The car is a good place to store them also as they're easy off and on.

Time for a game of pool.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

I don't think the snow is ever going to end this year - we woke up to it snowing again this morning and it had fallen lots last night. By mid afternoon, most of it had melted and the sun was shining - everyone's happy, lots of moisture and sun still shining. Not quite as warm as you guys Irene but nothing we can't handle. Love the sounds of 80F!!! Can hardly wait till summer - I try real hard never to grumble about it being too hot because all to soon, we get the white stuff again. Denis will be making all his Christmas gifts for this year by the sounds of it. Irene, who is going to get married in our family and have a dance so that you and I can get together and show off our Line Dancing skills?? It is so much fun isn't it.

Shannon - good luck with you and the boys for the week they're off. One of my old tricks with the boys if they said they were bored - I suggested they clean up their room and they didn't seem bored anymore. Don't know if it will work for Sterling & Kaeden, but it's worth a try. Have fun together!

Looks like a nice car you're getting to drive. Hope everything works out for your vehicle getting fixed. Linda and Sam had to take theirs back after it being fixed because they weren't happy with a few things. One being the back door - it didn't close properly. You'd think they'd check it before sending it home.

We went to McDonald's tonight for supper to help Sydney Tumback celebrate her 4th b'day. Quite a few of the family were able to make it and then the ones with hockey tickets were off to the game. I had mom along and we sat and visited for awhile after everyone left and I dropped her off around 8:20 p.m.

Hope everyone is doing well and have a great day tomorrow!

BIG HUGS TO EVERYONE!