Sunday 30 March 2008

Earth Hour

Happy Sunday?


All is well here. Sterling is reading, Kaedo is correcting his math test - which he got a B+ on, and they are gorging themselves on what I am told are "the best muffins yet - how did you get them to not burn?" Damn husband!

For those of you who don't know - is there anyone? - yesterday was Earth Hour. Everyone was supposed to shut down everything electrical from 8-9pm. This is some global warming thing and was really pushed in the schools. We even received a recorded message from school reminding us. Craig is not a believer in Global Warming and it was very interesting last night listening to him giving his reasons. I have to say that I am going with him on this one. In saying that, the boys really wanted to participate, so we went for it. We scrounged up all the candles we could find, pulled out some games and had a good time. The brats were a bit spazzy, but that's OK. We turned the lights on right at 9 as we had other things to do - watch Back to the Future 3! If you want more information on Earth Hour, go here. I read an interesting fact in the National Post this week about Earth Hour. Apparently it started in Sydney last year and at the end of the the it was estimated that they would have only saved enough electricity to power one car for six years. I can't tell if that is big or not, but it doesn't sound like much.
Anyway, here are some sucky photos from last night - mom, maybe you can teach me how to take night photos?

Not too much going on here. I cleaned the kitchen, the boys have done their rooms, Craig is working on laundry, muffins are being eaten and all the wax from last night needs to be scraped off my kitchen table.
One other thing. I got some pictures yesterday of the place where my mom and dad bought their motor home and is had been destroyed by fire. Remember to check your smoke alarms and extinguishers.

This has been a public service announcement from the SBS (Shannon Broadcasting Station).
You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

I think they are great photos, you have set the mood and it comes through on the pictures. Glad you did your thing for earth day, we did to. We were out between 8 and 9 so all our lights were off. Can't say the same for the spotlights at the greyhound races. Kaeden, I finally got the photos you were asking for. They are not great but it may give you an idea about how fast these dogs run. I have a note to download Baba's camera tomorrow and I'll e-mail them to you.

Another great day today. Did laundry, went to Mexico. Bought 3-26 oz bottle of tequila, a 26 of triple sec and a bottle of glucose....$26.00 US + $5.00 Texas tax. We had bought some for a neighbor and then another neighbor came over. I made scratch margaritas and everyone said they were the best they had ever tasted. I have to agree but you're limited to one otherwise you have all these really old and ancients walking around on their knees. I may sell the recipe for many dinaro.

Beach tomorrow so we can get truly burned to a crisp for our trip home. Oh how we hate the thought of leaving here, it has been more than wonderful. Look no further than the Rio Grande Valley those of you who are wondering what to do in the dead of Canadian winters. It is truly the best climate we've ever experienced.

Love to all

Jessica said...

I love the public service announcement. Are you sure SBS stands for Shannon's Broadcast System and not Shannon's BS. I like the second one best. Or what about Shannons Bacon Sandwich? Maybe Shannons Burned Sardine? Just some thought.