Friday 14 March 2014

The End is Here

Today is officially the last day of Spring Break, and holidays for Craig. So what are the men in my life doing? Sleeping in, of course.

We've had lots of fun this week. We've been to Niagara Falls, seen a couple of movies, did some baking, had a couple of movie nights,  shoveled a lot of snow, played with friends, had lunch with a friend, worked (me), bought a new tablet (sterling), been thrifting, gone to the gym, and had a wonderful time together.

This week was much needed for Craig, who works so very hard and such long hours. He hasn't had any holidays (just the four of us) since August, so I was so happy that he was able to take this time and relax.

The boys get lots of breaks, and after all, finish school at 2:20, but our time as a family is quickly coming to an end as they get older and rightfully choose to spend their free time with their friends and future 'loves of the moment'. I have to remember to be eternally grateful that my guys are one of the few who consciously choose to be with their parents instead of their friends. It makes my heart sing. Every morning when they get up and say "what are we doing today?', I am happy for another day with them.

On another note, Sterling and I will be heading to T.O. for a 'TEA-pperware' event tomorrow. We have two tables at a fundraising bazaar and will be selling both Tupperware and Steeped Tea. He's always a hoot to have along, so I am looking forward to his company and the laughs we will have.

1 comment:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful week together!

Have fun in TO tomorrow Shannon and Sterling and Hope sales go well. Craig and Kaeden will have a fun day together as well I'm sure.

We are heading to Moose Jaw tomorrow afternoon with Sam and Linda to go to the Bronco hockey game. Will head home after game so hope it will end with a win!

Big hugs to all!