Wednesday 5 March 2014

Aha!


Kaedo had a minor meltdown after school yesterday due to some tough math, an intense dislike of the course and a lack of paying attention to the lesson. He had no idea what to do and was very upset and angry. Let me tell you I am completely math challenged. I cannot assist. At all. 

So Sterling stepped in. He sat down with Kaedo, calmed him down, walked him through the steps and stayed with him until all questions were done and he was satisfied Kaedo understood the lesson. It was an amazing thing to watch. And no - this is not a staged photo. My guys are so used to my camera that they never think twice about it.

When they were finished Kaedo pulled me aside and told me how amazing Sterling was and really had stars in his eyes. He was overwhelmed that his brother had done this when he had his own work to do. This is really a defining moment in their relationship and speaks to the respect they have for each other. 

When we consciously made the decision to have our children close together in age, this is what we had hoped for. It is with a happy heart that I am able to say I got my wish.

Another benefit of this was that it solidified for Sterling his want to eventually move into the classroom and teach. He will be a Graphic designer first, but would then like to teach at a college. I'm an extremely proud mom right now. Ah, what am I saying, I'm an extremely proud mom always.

1 comment:

GrmpaGrmma said...

WAY TO GO STERLING! What a wonderful brother you are helping Kaeden when he most needed it. BIG HUGS TO YOU BOTH! Shannon and Craig - you both need a big hug as well for the wonderful job you have and are doing with your sons! We were never told what a good job we did with our boys BUT dad and I are so proud of both our sons, words can't even describe it. I always said I'd love to have our sons turn out the way Uncle Alan and Auntie Tilly's sons were and I can honestly say, they have both turned out exactly the way we wished for. I just read a saying that Ann Landers wrote and thought it was appropriate to pass along to you. "It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves that will make them successful human beings." You are doing a GREAT job with your boys!

Your blog from yesterday with little Grover is too funny. They are sometimes more work than a child but he is very good company to all of you and such a little sweetheart! We had a puppy for awhile but can't remember too much about all the work she was.

Hope you're all having a great day - BIG HUGS TO ALL!