Friday 7 March 2014

Spring Break 2014

Spring Break started today and the boys are enjoying themselves already. We have a strict no TV policy here aside from a movie night on the weekend and an hour on Monday nights. Mean mom. ANYWAY, this morning Kaedo asked if they could watch a movie, "mom, it is the first day of Spring Break, after all", and because he is so damn cute I said yes. They are thrilled and are just finishing up watching.

Craig has the week off next week so around hair cuts, doctor and ortho appts, we will busy being together. There is a movie the three of them are going to (guys date) and of course a trip to Niagara.Falls I think is in order. We'll see what other trouble we can get into. I know Craig is going to make us clean the basement if we don't keep him busy so I am desperately wracking my brain for ideas. Lol.

That's about it from us for today. I'm heading out to spend the afternoon with my two best guys.

Have a great one!

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

Great talking with you today. The weather is wonderful, a little windy but at least it's very warm. I know, you can't do anything about the weather so quit yer complainin'. I heard you, loud and strong.

Niagara Falls looked wonderful on the news the other day, all ice and icicles. That is caused by extremely cold weather....but whose complaining. I know that you love to see the Falls in their icy finery and I hope you have a safe journey. Hope the weather is good, hahaha! Is the bandwagon still on wheels or is it stuck in the snow???

We moved from the California desert to Pilot Knob today. It's still the CA desert, just a little closer to civilization. Got up my courage to go to Mexico yesterday but only enough courage to make an appointment. Monday is D day. I hate the dentist. We are going to see Philomena this afternoon. It's not a show I think I want to see but our friends do, so off we'll go. We had planned to go for lunch prior but I'd forgotten about moving until yesterday so we'll do the lunch thing another day. There is always Happy Hour afterward!

Hope everyone has enjoyed the Canadian winter so far. If you haven't, just let Shannon know. She loves it.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

Enjoy your Spring break boys and Craig! Have a fun time together for sure. Speaking of Spring - we're wondering where is it????? We had another winter blizzard storm here yesterday - getting pretty tired of the white stuff and the piles around the yard are getting pretty high. Today it is -12 with some wind but no snow so far. It's supposed to get up to +5 on the weekend so guess Spring is around the corner:)

Mentioning Niagra Falls reminds me of our first time there with all of you - Easter of 2004. It was still pretty cool because we all have winter jackets on but it was a trip we won't forget. Niagra Falls is beautiful anytime of year. We did get to see it again in August of 2011. We also took a trip across the boarder to shop and a funny thing happened at the boarder - do you remember Shannon!! Lots of fun memories that's for sure.

Not too much planned for the weekend - no hockey games till Wednesday - guess we'll have to watch some more curling.

Hi to you Denis & Irene - safe travels back to Canada!

BIG HUGS TO EVERYONE!