Thursday 27 March 2014

Happiness is....

I thought today I would post some of my favorite quotes. I found these on Pinterest, which is one of the most awesome, cool, fabulous, time-sucking sites on the internet. You should definitely check it out. lol.

I think sometimes that we have to consciously choose to be happy. We can be weighed down in the sadness, pity, listlessness and anger and often forget that CHOOSING to be happy is just that. A CHOICE.

You know my struggle with mental illness, and my long battle to find a sense of self, a happiness. Am I there yet? Some days. And you know what? It is much better to consciously choose to be happy, to find that one thing in your day you can smile about, rather than be unwilling to find even that one moment that makes you smile. I know it's hard, trust me, I know. I have spent a good deal of my life surviving not living. But I promise you - if you consciously think of one happy thing every day, maybe your morning Starbucks, your daily walk, a visit with a friend, a hug from a child, a kiss from a love - those moments of unhappiness will pale in comparison. The problem is that when recounting our day we can easily list all things that didn't go right. We usually think of the things that made us smile long after the retelling of the not-so-goods. It is so unfortunate that we think negative before positive. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everyone does this, but don't you agree it is easy to think negative? For me it is.

So I am consciously choosing to think happy. Be happy. Won't you join me?

Check in tomorrow when I'm going to talk a little more about my 'happiness project'!






Typographic poster, Quote art, inspirational print, wall decor, digital print, red, teal, camera print - 11x14 - Typography. $20.00, via Etsy.

I need to remember this. Especially on days like today. The days when you feel left out and left behind. When you feel unappreciated and utterly defeated. There is always some good. You just need to wipe away the tears so you can see it.

Time To Be Happy Again Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Twitter

The Reason Someones Smile Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Twitter

Happiness Quote From Drew Barrymore

Kind of want this for the upstairs hallway.

Hell yea!  Finally got a clear mind !!! lifes what u make it and people do change if they want to x

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

Great quotes but a Facebook friend once said that if you think you are being a really good mom just go on Pinterest and it will remove all confidence in that department. I have no idea as I've never been on that site but I do know that she is an excellent mom.

Happiness is a conscious effort lots of the time and you are right, we have good laughs about things that happened at the lowest times of our life. Spreading of mom's ashes comes to mind. We still roar about the 'bear spray' that caused us discomfort but knew that mom would be chuckling.

I never thought of happiness as being a choice but you are right, it definitely is. I would love to join you in your happiness project.

Sitting by the pool with my computer and free wifi, Denis is in the pool playing a raucous game of water volleyball. These old people really are competitive and have such a great time. Surely, they're all older than me.... After winning the blackjack game yesterday I sucked at Push Poker today. It was a great time though and it truly brings happiness that we have met so many wonderful people. Love it here, hate the thought of going home but by next week we'll be ready as about 95% are going home the same time as us.

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend and that spring arrives prior to Easter.

Love to all