Friday 1 November 2013

RIP

Taken October 31, 2013

Today our beautiful dog, Ketchup, was put to sleep. After almost 9 wonderful years together, our wonderful friend and companion was just too sick to remain alive. The sadness in our house is palpable, and the boys, Craig and I, are crushed.

Ketchup brought untold joy to our family. He was a kind and gentle soul, who loved to wrestle, play, and have fun. He loved pizza crust and popcorn and in the last few days of his life he ate a lot of both.

Having never anticipated having a dog, it was through the sheer generosity and kindness of a good friend, that the gift of Ketchup came to us. He flew across the country and into our hearts in December 2004. From the first moment we held him in our arms, we knew he had made our family complete.

As sad as we are to lose him, we are so happy that his decline was quick and that he died with the dignity everyone deserves. It is with a heavy heart and much tears that I write about this tremendous loss, for no words can express the sadness we feel right now.

Special thanks to my mom and dad for being here. I don't know what I would have done without you these last few days. Your support for us all has been something we have held on to, knowing you would do anything necessary to make this heartbreaking situation better. Thank you for being here for the boys, for us, for Ketchup, as we know you love him too.

The next few days will be tough ones as we put away his things and get used to the quiet in the house. I for one do not look forward to Wednesday when I am by myself again and my beautiful pal is not laying beside me.

Thank you my friend, for many years of loyalty, love and affection. For never chewing up my shoes, eating wrappers left on the floor or running away. Thank you for your kindness, your patience and your undying love.

You will be missed but never forgotten.

All my love,
s

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

A truly sad day! Ketchup's passing was quick and painless and we give thanks for that. He was a wonderful friend to the family and he will be missed. Our hearts break for you in the loss of a truly faithful companion.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

We are truly sorry. Please feel our hugs across the miles. We love you so much.