Monday 29 April 2013

The Big City

Last Thursday Kaedo and I had an appointment in T.O. to see the Orthopedic Surgeon for his knee. We decided to make it a day trip and take in some of the sights. We had a wonderful day and were so happy to be together. It is just a different type of outing when you are one on one. Kaedo took 72 pictures, and while I am not sure which ones he would have chosen to put on the blog, I have posted my favorites. He has become quite a remarkable photographer for his age. He has a real eye, and I think with a little guidance he will really be able to take some "works of art". I must admit that I think all his photos are great but it will be nice to see him expand and grow into this passion of his. He is very interested in structures. He took about 20 photos of just one building downtown because he felt there were so many interesting aspects of it. He does not rush but takes his time making sure he has taken a photo he is proud of. The other thing I have noticed is that he always takes multiples of the same subject. It really is quite fascinating.


 We had breakfast at Starbucks before our appointment. They had just planted some tulips in boxes around the patio (as we were sitting there) and since they are my fave, Kaedo snapped a couple of pix.



He took this one between the posts of a wrought iron fence. I really love how the trees are.


He thought this looked a bit like a spaceship and wasn't sure how he wanted to photograph it.  There were a lot of people in the square as there was an event taking place, so he couldn't quite get what he wanted, but I think it is very cool.


Must admit, this is one of my favorites. He stood up on a stone wall to take this one directly down the street. It looks as if the buildings are never ending.


He was amazed by this when we saw it. Even the wheels were moving. I think he took 5 or 6 pictures. 
That is art.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

You are doing great with photographs Kaeden! It would be hard to choose which ones to put on the blog Shannon. He must get some of the photography loving from his mother and maybe a little bit from me. I was showing our company some of the pictures from my many albums (which I love looking through from time to time) and they commented on how good some of the pictures were. Credit of course to my Canon camera - which you and Craig got me started on a few years back. Once again - great photos and hope to see many more over the years Kaeden!

Have a great week everyone - BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Great photos Kaeden! Love the never ending buildings also. We have the same passion for big cities, Kaeden. There is nothing quite like the character of some major cities, Washington DC coming to mind. Chicago is one of my favorites.

Have errands to run today and dinner with friends tonight. Hopefully can get my old laptop files loaded into my new one.

Please let's have some good weather soon.

Love to all