Monday 22 April 2013

Hmmm

OK _ here we go -

Here's what's on my night table: iPod dock, iPod and headphones, hair elastics, earrings, rosary, milk glass bowl, bobby pins, used kleenex

Perennial to do list: wash the walls, clean the basement, make blueberry muffins for Sterling, clean out the van - the list is never ending

Refrigerator Shelves: coffee from Stan and Shirley's last visit, mayo, bean sprouts that will never be eaten, pop, grapes, cheese, ketchup, my water bottle, the rest of the bag of brussel sprouts that Craig said were crap, yogurt in a bottle, pasta, eggs, cream cheese and a loaf of bread

Fantasy Itinerary: Wake the kids up at 6am after having gotten up at 5am and packed for them. Heading to the airport before rush hour without telling them where we're going. Grabbing a flight to Hawaii and seeing the look on their faces when we yell "SURPRISE"! Heading to Hawaii for 10 days to walk the volcanos, swim with dolphins (can you do that in Hawaii?) see where Hawaii Five-O is filmed, play on the beach, soak up the sun, and be together.

Playlist: Not a music listener, so generally a Nora.Roberts book or J.D.Robb on my iPod. I can listen to them over and over again.

Bucket List: Take a trip to Hawaii (see above), swim with the dolphins (see above), go back to college, have enough money to get my kids each a car and a post secondary education, take a trip with Craig on our 20th anniversary, build or find my dream house - the list goes on and on.

Phone Ringer Sound: silent - never turn it on. Can't stand when it rings and don't like it vibrating in my pocket. Drives my family crazy but at least I carry it and check it. That's got to count for something. Right?

Favorite TV Show: Big.Bang.Theory, Elementary or Bones. Love all three but I can watch episodes of Big.Bang over and over again.

So there you have it - more than you ever wanted to know!

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

OK, this scares me. I don't think I'm playing this time. I only have my phone and a glass of water on my night table when I go to bed, otherwise, there's nothing on it.

Perennial to do list: I do it on a regular basis so have nothing except making blueberry muffins for Sterling.

Refrigerator shelves: Espresso, yogurt, eggs, and only stuff that we buy and eat. We never throw anything out, we have a fridge cleaning at least once a week.

Fantasy itinerary: None really. Would like to do Macchu Picchu this year but would rather see my cousins in Spain first. Hawaii was never on the bucket list but now it is. Doesn't matter what time of year as we don't do much winter anyway.

Playlist: None

Bucket list: Nothing pressing, just do what we can do while we can do it.

Phone Ringer Sound: phone ringer never silent, messages silent at night. Can't stand it when your's rings and you don't answer it.

Favorite TV show: News, Big Bang Theory (but only on PVR) never watch anything live but the news.

So there you have it - more than I ever wanted to know, let alone you. I wasn't going to do this.

Emma got a gold in her solo tonight, she got an outstanding also, so a trophy (really beautiful made out of glass) and a cheque toward a scholarship. That's two for two this year so far. I find one of the best parts of her talent is when she screws up no one but her mom and the choreographer know it. She ad libs until she gets back to where she's supposed to be. That to me is the real talent. A lot of her team came out just to watch her performance and there were lots of hugs from her peers afterwards. A real team spirit in that studio. Yay Em! you really do rock.

Please weatherman, give us some warm days.

Love to all