Monday 25 March 2013

Monday

There really is nothing better than dropping your son off at  a friend's house for a birthday celebration and realizing when you go to the door that he has been invited to a 'family party'. That makes my heart swell. The Vs treat Sterling like family. They love him and he loves being there. I am so happy he has them in his life.

As Sterling was away for supper this evening, Kaedo and I had the opportunity to make supper together (which he loves, as do I). We bought a pork loin that was marked down and made vegetables and potatoes and he laid everything out on the table and took some pictures. He tells us that "presentation is everything". I think he's saving the photos for the cookbook he will one day do and photograph.

He has been wanting to play SkipBo recently. He's been asking about playing since GG's anniversary so I have sat down and played with him yesterday and today. He is very fun to play with and he has such wonderful memories of her and how she taught him how to play and gave him a dollar when she lost. She seemed to play the 'blind card' a lot. She was awesome.

Craig was home at 5:47pm tonight!!!!! Kaedo and I were shocked. It was great. They are downstairs watching Survivor (barf) right now. Sterling and I don't like that show so now is a perfect opportunity.

And I have been home much of the day feeling a bit under the weather. I was up much of the night so I didn't do too much today. Hoping I feel better tomorrow so I don't have to lie to my mom. Just joking mom. I would never lie to you!

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

BS, you would and you do. I know you don't want to have this conversation so.... I love you anyway.

Getting all our stuff together to get Income Tax done. I'm getting it looked after early as I get lots back and Denis should get everything he paid back also as he didn't work even two months last year. Worked on it for a few hours this afternoon, so now I just need all the mail. I have all the expenses, just need the income.

Heading to Calgary to visit mom tomorrow and then heading to Medicine Hat from there. Looking forward to seeing Jessica and the girls. We'll hang out there for a week or so. It will be a nice Easter.

Sounds like a good supper you're making. You;re right Kaedo, presentation is everything. Helps if it's edible too though.

They say the weather is getting warmer. Hope so.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well Shannon - hope you feel better tomorrow.

Glad you got home early tonight Craig to enjoy a lovely supper. Sounds like Kaeden's going to be the real chef - you can practice on us any time Kaeden. You'll also have to show me all the tricks to playing SkipBo. Grampa & his brothers play it all the time when they go to visit their mom. She doesn't play at all anymore but one of the residents loves when the Klassen boys come to play SkipBo with her.

Stan was off to the 3rd playoff Bronco game tonight and the Broncos beat Calgary in overtime 3-2. Tomorrow is another game so hope they can pull that one off. Calgary won the first 2 in Calgary.

Welcome home Denis & Irene - you really wouldn't want to come out east - way toooooo much snow! Hope your mom is doing better and HAPPY EASTER!

BIG HUGS TO ALL!