Saturday 16 March 2013

Hmmmm

Thinking About.....
One more day of Spring Break then back to reality. I love being with my family, even if we don't do much. We have had a good week hanging out, playing video games (them, not me), spending time with friends, taking some drives, visiting GG, watching movies and sleeping in. It has gone slow and quick at the same time. Thinking of our next break together.

Reading......
Beautiful.Creatures by K. Garcia and M. Stohl. I am a lover of Young Adult fiction and while I don't like the 'creepy' I do like me some supernatural. This book caught me on the first page, and 98 pages in I'm still hooked. I have to admit that I also like the love stories that go along with YA books, as the sex scenes that take over contemporary romance are not there.

Listening to....
Most of you know that I don't listen to music, so when I'm not going to sleep listening to a JD.Robb novel on my iPod (thanks again x 10000, Jessica) I'm listening to the laughter and happiness that my two boys bring into our home every day. Music to my ears!

Looking forward to.....
Easter! A four day weekend and hopefully Target will be open!!!!!

Watching.....
Last night it was Big.Bang.Theory and Elementary. My two favorite shows. Both are brilliantly written, excellently (is that a word?) acted, and I enjoy them both for two very different reasons. One makes me laugh and one makes me think. I look forward to them all week.


How about you? Care to play along????

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

THINKING ABOUT... another two and a half weeks and back to reality. We've met new friends and had lots of fun with old friends throughout the winter season. We are looking forward to our summer holiday with our grandsons. We are looking forward to seeing our granddaughters for a week when we get back but the idea of snow kind of sucks. We know it will snow, it's Alberta.

READING...a book by Harland Coben. Have no idea what it's called, never do know what I'm reading, just know if I like it or not. Just finished a book by Nelson Demille yesterday, it was a good murder story but again, I have no idea what it was called.

LISTENING TO...4 little kids playing pool. They are a family from California who home school their 4 delightful children. They travel full time and are just awaiting passports and visas so that they can tour Canada. They come into the clubhouse everyday to do homework on their computers and they are amazing.

LOOKING FORWARD TO....seeing our grandchildren and children. As the season progresses and we get closer to returning to Canada, the anticipation takes over. The one great thing about travelling for this many years is that we really feel that wherever we are is home. Lethbridge is a base but not really home anymore. There is no homesickness like in the first years of our adventure.

WATCHING...a colorful computer screen with multi colored lines called a laptop screen, then turning the neck to see what I'm writing. Haven't watched TV since November. The last movie we saw was Zero something, about the killing of Osama bin Laden. Love Big Bang Theory and have watched the DVDs many times since we got them.

Your little quizzes, as you put it, are fun as they make you think and really appreciate your life and the numerous things you do in a day. No wonder our days fly by.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Love to all