Monday 26 November 2012

ho hum

Things have been up in the air for me since my return to work (after a long leave) back in August. I have continued to work with my company, having been given 2 week, 3 week contracts and lastly a 6 week contract. Throughout that time I have looked for other jobs - permanent jobs - within the organization, with no success.

Today was the day. High hopes all around - even my direct supervisor and co-workers. Unfortunately I was told that a permanent position was not going to be offered and that continuing to look for other positions was the best course of action.

A bit of a downer, I must say. Many shake-ups in the department over the last month and I know that has something to do with it. The hard part is I am good at my job. Very good. Damn good.

So what does this mean? Well, I could very well get another 2 weeks, 4 weeks, whatever. Or, Friday I will be done with this 'career', finished. The hard part is, I might not know until Friday. Not a way to live. Nope, not a way to live.

2 comments:

KPJC said...

Sorry to hear that Shannon. Definitely a bummer. Knowing you I am sure something else will come up that you are also good at. We will be thinking about you and wishing good thoughts.

GrmpaGrmma said...

Also wishing you all the best Shannon - you have always been one to give 100% of yourself to any job that you start - something will come your way soon. We love you very much and wish you the best of luck finding a job as well as one you enjoy.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!