Sunday 4 November 2012

Fall Cleanup





Fall Cleanup was in full force yesterday at our house. We have a lot of ground cover in the front of our house and hostas in the back, so they all needed to be pulled out and bagged. The weather was cold but not too dreary and we got everything done in an hour. Mom - you`ll be happy to know that Kaedo cut the Weeping Mulberry back so it will be the length you like come the Spring.

Today Sterling spent the afternoon with his buddy C. They went to the movies and then had some volunteering to do. He said he really enjoyed himself.

Kaedo and I headed up to Mastermind.Toys to pick up C`s birthday gift. Our sweet nephew is going to be 4 on the 13th so we had to get him a cool gift. Kaedo picked out his card and we think he`ll LOVE it. I also started some Christmas shopping for my beautiful nieces as that has to be shipped by November 15 at the latest so mom and dad can take it with them.

Sunday night is upon us and I hope to sit down and watch one of the James.Bond movies that is on tonight. There is a marathon today and I already got to see one. The boys have In.teract and Craig will be watching football. His team lost today but I'm sure he'll be happy to watch whichever other teams are on this evening.

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

Thank you Kaedo, I do like a trimmed Weeping Mulberry. I love that tree and it is so lush. The landscape is so green thanks to your green thumbs and the moisture. I guess we enjoy it in spring and summer so we can't complain too much about the fall work, especially when all of you are working on it and get it done in record time.

Hated to spring the deadline for Xmas gifts on you today Shannon but the airline Jessica is taking charges for everything. The fare is miniscule, it's the extras they charge for like seat assignments and luggage. We're taking everything down with us from clothes to gifts. They won't be bringing anything home either except seasonal clothes. The summer stuff can stay with us as we'll be back before the warm weather arrives in sunny Alberta.

Lots of fun picking out places we want to go this winter. If we do everything we've talked about we'll be home in 2015...maybe. So much to see, so little time!

Hope everyone had a good weekend and have a great week. Safe travels and loads of fun, Klassens. We'll be thinking of you as the weather dips to minus 9 on Thursday.

Love to all

KPJC said...

Is he card a princess one!! Funny guy! Happy pre birthday to our nephew. Your card is in he mail and you are too old to buy a cool gift because I no longer know what is cool for teenagers. I may teach them but I am not cool. Your cash gift is on its way. I knowvitbis a cop out but I think you will appreciate that.