Thursday 8 November 2012

Another sad one

Today I learned that a member of our extended family passed away. While he and his wife live on the other side of the world, they were both always very close in our hearts. He died quickly and I hope peacefully and he will be greatly missed by those that loved him.

They used to come from England when I was young and stay with us. He used to spend what seemed like hours at the time, making us giggle and laugh at all his silliness. He never made it seem like we were bothering him and he could make silly faces like no other. The last time I spoke with him was in July. I was in Las Vegas and he sounded like he always did, jovial and happy.

My mom and dad loved (love) him so much and today it was very hard to hear the sadness and crying when I spoke with them. I think it is even harder to hear my dad so upset. Why is that I'll never know, but it is, for me at least. It is times like today that I wish I lived around the corner from them, so we could have our own private wake for this man that has provided us with so many wonderful memories.


1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

Thank you Shannon, that is lovely. He was one of a kind. Never an unkind word about anyone or anything.

I remember one year they came for a month in August and then 6 weeks in October. They were never any trouble or bother to have around the house. I remember the holidays we went on with them in the motor home when you were in grade school. June has never let me live down the bear incident in Radium. Cheryl mentioned today the song and dance act Jessica and Ron performed at Osoyoos one year. I don't remember that specifically because there were so many things like invisible baseball, card tricks and so many other wonderful memories.

Our trip to the badlands, to Oregon, Vegas and on and on. Going back to Spain won't be the same either now that he's gone. We love him so very much. June was still in shock when we called this morning as it had just happened. A friend who lives there e-mailed us and we didn't need to use the translator to know what was written.

Paul and his children are in Germany, Michael in England and Ryan in Scotland. It will be a sad visit to Spain for them this time around.

Thank you for remembering all the happy times with him.

Love to all