Wednesday 14 November 2012

Happy 15th Birthday STERLING!

How is it that we have a 15 year old son? Seriously, wasn't he just born? I remember so vividly (good word, mom) his 'Birth' Day. He was magic in my arms. My life was just beginning. I have thought about his birth a lot over the last week or so. What a ride we have been on. When I look at and talk to the 15 year old young man, I am overwhelmed at how amazing he is. Amazing! He is good and kind and respectful (except it seems to his french teacher). He is smart and gorgeous and generous. He is charming and loving - everything I ever hoped he would be. So, I guess that's that - he ROCKS and I couldn't be happier about it!
Happy Birthday to one of the loves of my life!
Happy Birthday Sterling! 




Anyone who knows my sister knows how very much she loves her nephews. She sent Kaedo a weird amount of money for his birthday in June and cranked it up a notch for Sterling's. She had us get a certain amount of change and then she wanted it unrolled and put in a box. I told her I wouldn't tell Sterling how much is in the box. He'll probably take 3 days to get it all counted! I can hear her evil cackling now!

Also - happy 4th birthday to our cutie nephew C, from yesterday. We love you. Have a great party on the weekend!

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Wishing our oldest grandson a wonderful birthday and hope your year ahead is FANTASTIC! We love you so much and only wish the very best for you. Glad we caught you before you got to your class this morning. Great photo of you Sterling!

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

OMG! you are so gorgeous as well as just about perfect in all things good and important. We're still tired from our early morning yesterday, the early text was easy though. You didn't think we'd wake up that early, did you? Now you know we love you since phoning early was the criteria you mentioned. You are too funny! Hope you had a great day. Do you know how much Anti sent you yet?

We've been busy having lunches and dinners with friends that we may not see until next year. Off to Calgary today to visit mom, I have her Xmas gifts but still need to pick up a bouquet of flowers and a big bag of bird seed for the feeder outside her window. She loves to watch the birds come to feed. The weather looks great so hopefully it will be nice enough there to take her for lunch. I can't manage her in the car so we have to walk, I walk she rides. Dementia is a cruel illness but I always go with the hope that she's having a good day. She's never mean but sometimes is sad as she wants her mom and dad to visit her. She's convinced they're alive and we don't correct her, just make excuses why they're not there at that moment. She's happy with our reasoning and then cheers up. Right or wrong, that's her reality so there's no use contradicting her and making her feel that we don't believe her. She tells us that they visit her quite often. It is sad for us but makes her feel happy and that's all that matters.

Hope everyone is having a nice sunny morning.

Love to all