Tuesday 30 October 2012

The aftermath

To say Kaedo loved the midnight launch would be an understatement. He was so happy to be there and be a part of it. He was the youngest by about 10 years and I'm happy to say I wasn't the oldest. There was one other woman there - playing some handheld video game for two hours. I on the other hand had nothing. My cell phone died in the midst of bbm'ing with Jessica and mom and Kaedo didn't turn on my iPod dock when he plugged it in, so no iPod for me. Kaedo on the other hand had a sweet set up against one wall sitting down, his phone between his knees playing a movie, listening through head phones while he played a game on his iPod.

To say the event was full o'nerds would also be an understatement. There were about 30 men there for most of the night trying to one up each other as the who was the better gamer. After a while it just sounded to me like the teacher from Char.lie Brown. wawawawawan

Interestingly enough, while Keado was the least nerdly, out of the group of nerds standing around us, he was the only one who had beaten Assissi.n's Creed 2. Alarming.

When we left the mall last night, at 12:25am, the traffic was light and we didn't think much about it. Until we got close to home and saw that all the power was out. The shops, the houses, all of it. We used our cell phones to see our way to our beds, and I got extra blankets just in case.

Today has been fine. I'm not sure what the evening will bring. I hope the storm will pass us, but I guess we'll see.

Right now I'm just trying to drown out the noise in my head reminding me I have a midnight launch with Sterling on the 13th!

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

We take it Kaeden got the game he wanted right! Hope you ended up having a not too bad nights sleep after all that excitement.

We wondered if you had got hit with no power at your place - hope everything is okay - what a storm! We won't complain anymore about the snow we get after watching all the flooding.

Today has been beautiful here and it's still +14 and no wind. We hardly know what to do when there's no wind - we almost fall over!

Hope your day went well - BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

This is the first of many midnight madnesses, I hope. They are memories you have forever. When going through it you are exhausted, but the joy and awesome memories are well worth it.

We had freezing rain this morning (Wednesday) and it is still below zero. Glad that you didn't have too much of the storm at your place. Eastern storms seem to be all or nothing, at least nothing much. Glad everything is ok.

Spent the morning trying to get travel insurance at the price we wanted to pay. Paid for it last year and then it was void due to a last minute hospital visit. It's a case of do I or don't I.

Love to all