Wednesday 24 October 2012

Sue Me?

A few weeks ago I received a strongly worded letter in the mail from an attorney advising me that his client was prepared to sue if I didn't remove everything about my little hat shop from the Internet. I was shocked. Craig did a little research about the other shop - whose name was not the same but close enough - and they don't even sell the same type of hats. Once I read what the client was prepared to do, should I not do as was asked, let's just say my Facebook and Etsy got closed down immediately!

 I called the lawyer and told him I had done as requested and the dates in which the closing of the accounts would be finalized. The lawyer was happy with my answers and casually said, "I don't really think he has anything to worry about".

hmmm, well I never!

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Hope things turn out okay Shannon!

Been thinking of you guys this morning and hoping that the alarms all went off when they should have. It will be a long day getting up that early.

Instead of going Line Dancing this morning, I've got a physio appt so just heading out shortly for that. We were going to walk down to Tim Horton's for coffee and then to my appt. but it's -5 and windchill -14 - don't feel like walking!

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Glad everything worked out with the lawyer. What a nerve!!

Had friends in for supper last night and heading out for lunch with a friend in a bit. No wonder the clothes are shrinking, this has got to stop. It's not even the eating season yet but you'd never know that from this neck of the woods. It also looks like Christmas with all the snow.

Love to all