Saturday 13 October 2012


Thanksgiving Day we went out to get some family photos and to say it was a disaster is an understatement. We took a pile of pictures, went to two different places and I am not kidding when I say this is the only good one. Actually that's not quite true, there is a great one of Kaedo and Craig but I don't have an equally great one to compliment it with.

Everyone here is glad it's the weekend. I'm glad to have two days to recuperate from this cold, Craig is happy to have football, Sterling plans to spend the afternoon with a friend and Kaedo and I plan to photoshop (I'm going to teach him some fun stuff) some of the great pictures he took (not the butt shots). I have given him the wall on our downstairs landing for him to showcase his work. We'll see which ones he likes best.
Oh, and have I mentioned that we just got a new Wal-Mart about 1 minute away from us? We might go check it out this weekend too.


2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

That is a GREAT photo Shannon and it looks like the guys were having alot of fun posing for it.

Hope you're feeling better with that dumb old cold and are on the mend soon.

You'll have to put Kaeden's photo work on the wall on the blog for us to check it out.

We just got home about 1/2 hour ago from cleaning up from the garage sale this weekend. Things went not too bad but it would have been nice to sell some of Uncle Ike's bigger items but no such luck. Hank & Jewel will put them on Kijiji and post them up on bulletin boards in the mall and senior homes. Dad's watching the football game and doesn't sound too happy. I've been cleaning up stuff we brought home and dishes I've left for a few days.

A new Wal-Mart sounds like a fun time to spend a few hours.

Bronco hockey game tonight and I think I'll just cozy up with a good book or watch some t.v. - depends how long I can stay awake!

Hope everyone has a great relaxing weekend - BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

That really is a great photo, boys. You are both so photogenic. Can't wait to see your photo wall Kaedo. Will any of the 1600 pictures you took this summer be on there?

Got some plans made for the winter, but only in my mind. We kind of know what we're doing from the time we leave until mid January, after that, it's a toss up. Mexico beckons, again, but we really have to plan that one out. Examining the map and figuring out the toll makes your head spin. The roads must be gold, the fuel and repairs free for the price they want to travel on it.

That new WalMart looks really small. Is it? Do they have enough parking spaces? Enjoy it anyway, at least you can walk easily from your place and not have to worry about finding a place to park.

Windy here today but lovely and warm. People watching, as they walk along the river bank with their dogs. We have the nicest view of anyone here in the park. This cold is keeping me close to home when I should be out Christmas shopping. I need some ideas Shan.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Love to all