Monday 5 December 2011

Christmas is on its way!



Christmas 2010 decorating party


We are officially in the holiday season. The reason I know that is because wrapping has begun. The boys and I spent some time this weekend wrapping and I can officially say that they have finished their Christmas shopping. If only I was so lucky. I am slowly picking items up here and there but still have a long way to go.

While Christmas shopping is well under way at our house and a big pile of wrapped gifts sits in our basement, there is no sign of Christmas upstairs. Our tree is still packed, our ornaments and decorations still put away. Why, you may ask? Because the girlies are coming! When I was growing up, decorating the tree seemed to be as big an event as Christmas. Music, treats, laughter. Dad stringing the lights then just sitting back and watching us load up the tree with ornaments. I have ornaments that I made when I was 5 years old. I have ornaments from my uncle that died when I was 4. These are treasures to me.

Avery, being only two, has never really had a tree decorating party, so this year we took a vote and are waiting for us all to be together and we will have one massive party that everyone can enjoy. This of course means that our tree won't be done until the 23rd. That's ok though. We don't mind. The hard part will be not taking it down when we wake up on the 26th! Jessica has already advised that the tree must remain standing and decorated until the 28th at least. Can this be one of her Christmas presents?????

1 comment:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Good for Sterling & Kaeden to have all their shopping done - YAHOO! As soon as your tree goes up, it will be so full of gifts under it, the tree may be half covered with gifts. We had such a wonderful time with your family last year and we know that it will be a blast this year with your family home for the holidays. I guess it will have to be two years in a row that you don't take your Christmas tree down on the 26th. I couldn't remember you taking it down last year so had to check my pictures from our 2010 Christmas together. We have a picture of Stan & I with Sterling & Kaeden in front of your tree the day we were flying out which was the 29th of December. You probably had it all taken down as soon as Craig came back with the boys from driving us to the airport. It was a Christmas we won't forget for a long time and will cherish our time as a family together forever. Next time - MAY 2012!!!

Sun is shining again today with blue sky but the wind makes it feel colder than it is. Just getting ready to head out for a doctor appt. for myself and Stan for coffee and then this evening we are going to a group called Country Blend with 3 other couples. Should be a fun evening.

So glad to hear you doing much better Irene and looking forward to getting together on Wednesday. Drive careful and see you then.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!