Tuesday 13 December 2011

All is well



christmas 2006

After a crazy Sunday, mom and dad finally arrived and I couldn't be happier. We have spent a lot of time chatting and hanging out and have really enjoyed being together. It is always so nice when they come and the visits just seem to get better and better. We are now anxiously waiting for Jessica and the girlies. One week. Yay!

The boys are battling having to go to school every day as they would much rather stay and hang out with their amma and baba. I've promised them some extra time off for good behaviour next week once the whole fam is here.

Christmas shopping is well under way. I have Jessica and the girlies finished, mom and dad mostly finished, stockings done and now I just have to get the boys their main gifts. It sure is a lot different then those years we were buying Thomas pieces or RC cars. Now it's iPods and computers. Yikes!

Learned from Shirley that the gifts we sent the Littles have arrived. Glad for that.

Anyway - the blog may be a little scarce aside from the gnome pictures as there is lots going on here and I just want to enjoy every minute of it.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Thanks for taking time for a quick blog Shannon. We appreciate it just taking a quick peek at all what's going on. So glad to hear Denis & Irene arrived safe and sound after a little excitement. Take care and hope the rest of your trip is uneventful as far as health reasons go. All the gifts for the Little ones are safely under our tree awaiting their arrival on the 25th after lunch sometime.

ENJOY EVERY MINUTE WITH YOUR FAMILY and BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

We really are having a wonderful time. The teen years were always my favorite and now we're re-living them through Sterling and Kaeden. They are toooo much fun and so affectionate. Sterling's comebacks are great and his timing is amazing. As grandparents, we love it and even his parents have to laugh. Kaedo is still the sweetheart he's always been. We learned yesterday that Sterling can sneeze quietly. He and I went to Winners and I was amazed how quiet the sneeze was. When we were playing "pass the ace" last night I let one out about as loud as he usually does. Thought I'd give him some of his own medicine back, lucky for them I could hardly talk for an hour. Don't know how he does it and doesn't rip his throat out. Kaeden and I will do a Winners outing after school today. It is nice to have them one on one once in a while.

My health is improving and my family Dr. in Lethbridge is managing my care from there. He is amazing and gives me total confidence. We are so glad to be here and are having an amazing time.

Love to all