Wednesday 20 January 2010

Weigh In Wednesday

Wednesday already.
Good news for me this week. I am down 1.6lbs. Any down is good for me. I am happy with that. 5.6lbs would be nicer, but 1.6 is good. Feeling good right now. Something has clicked within me. I don't know what it is but something has clicked and I feel good. I have struggled on and off for so many years that I have really learned to cherish these times. Unfortunately I know that sometimes they end and I have to pull myself back up and find this good place. What I do know about myself is that I can do it. I can return to a good place and hold on to it. Now if I could figure out how to stay there. It is all about learning and I can do that.

I am thinking about my word today. I am working on living my life with PURPOSE. I am thinking before I say, do, react, interact. I am PURPOSEfully taking the time for myself, making time with my family, have the conversations that need to be had, hugging when hugging is needed and putting my foot down when that is what is needed as well. Living with PURPOSE is not easy. It is not unconscious. You have to think about what you are doing. I'm not saying you have to over-analyze everything, I'm just saying I have to think and do. It is interesting thinking about all these things.

In other news - we are one the countdown and are getting so excited. Kaedo has packed his bag and Sterling has started his list of the things he wants to bring. I have gotten a bunch of books on CD from the library and the camera batteries and chargers are packed. We are slowly getting organized. On Sunday the boys will be trying on their shorts and picking their t-shirts. We'll pack up everything we don't need during the week. Can't believe it is almost here.

1 comment:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Good work Shannon!! Good luck in the coming week.

Keep that feeling!! You can do it!

Countdown really sounds close - 9 more sleeps! Talking to the boys yesterday and they are both so excited and can hardly wait. I told them we should go on Skype on Sunday so we can see their excited faces before they leave on their holiday. Hope it works out.

I think I have chosen the word THANKFUL as my word for the year. I have always been thankful for alot of things but seeing the devestation in Haiti and having something so sad happen right here in S.C. to people we know, I know I have alot more to be thankful for than I am. Each time I begin to whine about something, I will try harder to think of my word and realize how lucky we truly are.

Stan and I are helping at the funeral of the little 4 year old girl who drowned last Thursday. Stan is related to the little girls gramma (step-cousin) and she has asked Stan and Robert to usher at the funeral. Stan is meeting Robert at the church to help set up chairs. They figure it will be a very big funeral. Then Stan & I will be helping at the luncheon after the funeral.

BIG HUGS TO YOU ALL!