Saturday 23 January 2010

Saturday - it has gone fast. Yesterday I went to the doctor about my Quasimodo eye and was informed I have pink eye and a chest cold. He prescribed some medication and when Craig and I went to have it filled, the pharmacist didn't want to fill it as she was concerned I may be allergic. So, back to the clinic again today to get a new prescription and I was informed that no, I don't have a chest cold, I have a sinus infection. And Pink Eye. So, another prescription and 20 minutes waiting for the pharmacist to put 20 pills in a kid proof bottle.
Within about 15 minutes of taking the medicine I was fast asleep and was not so gently woken up by the brats wanting to watch a movie.

Sterling had a play date (at what age do you quit calling it that???) at a friend's house for 1.5 hours then they both came here for another 2 hours. I think they had fun. Kaedo got a call from a buddy inviting him over, so he spent a few hours with a friend as well.

Tomorrow we will be practicing speeches, putting them on cue cards, going through our "summer clothes" and getting the basics together for our trip. 6 more days. When I asked the boys what we would be doing at this time next week, Sterling was quick to pipe up "driving, or at least dad will be. You'll probably be snoring".

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

From the mouths of babes, and they're probably right on!! Snore away!You must be so excited, only 6 more sleeps. We're looking forward to hitting the road also.

Sat in an outdoor cantina, face in the sun, nice lunch, great margarita, awesome music. That was my penance as dad was in the dental chair. I love Mexico, even the border towns. You can develop a nice kinship with the hawkers if you go often enough and we will be going back Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Dad really happy with what they've done so far. Trying to get a purse at the price I want to pay but got bracelets made for the kids. That was top prority. We're bargaining on the purse and we're $15.00 apart. Might have to give in. We'll see what happens Thursday.

Love to all