Friday 15 January 2010

Friday....

..... is just like any other day of the week. At least right now. I'm working another full weekend this weekend and am already looking forward to Wednesday, my next day off. It is worth it though. I have promised the boys that I won't be working next weekend, and they are VERY happy about that. I broke the news to them last night that I would be working 2-10pm on Saturdays starting this weekend. I think they were under the impression that this was a one-off. When I explained to them that this was a permanent shift, they were not thrilled. Sterling's major deal was that there would be no more Movie Night. He was very bummed about that. Craig and I explained that we would have Movie Sundays going forward but that didn't really appease him. Kaedo just likes having me around, so that was his thing. It's hard explaining to your kids that sometimes you have to work when it is not optimal in the hopes of getting better shifts down the road. Right now this is the only thing that works for us with bowling and football. It's hard making decisions like this. Craig and I agree that the extra hours will help but we also agree that Wednesdays at home are very good for the 4 of us. That of course leaves the weekends. I tried for Sundays as I thought this would work perfectly but there were no shifts so I had to settle for Saturday. I have to remember that this is not forever.
One from the archives - The boys with Em (look at those cheeks) - Summer 2005

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Sorry I didn't catch you this morning after reading your e-mails. How upsetting that must have been. Hard to believe that a 13 year old could even think of doing harm to friends.

Cute photo! Have a good weekend and hope we can catch you on Sunday for a visit.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

It really doesn't matter if it's the ghetto, barrio or the middle class district, these things happen in many schools. It must be very scary as a parent. Violence at school, which should be an innocent place, is not something new however, the police did it to kids at Kent State. I guess if people think the law can act like vigilantes without any punishment, they can too. It doesn't matter what year of school you're in, be it grade one or 4th year university, everyone must be held accountable to make sure our young people can learn and thrive in an educational environment without fear of violence. We don't have to go back too far in history to shudder at the violence on our school grounds. We were bullied by upper classmen when I was in school but the bullies have found a more lethal way of getting attention. Glad the culprit was caught, hope our liberal youth laws don't allow him back into the public school system.

Love to all