Friday 28 August 2009

new roof and a comment





After two full days of mess everywhere, we have a new roof. All for the bargain price of $500 and a bottle of Tylenol. It really looks great. I'm thrilled with the results. My neighbor is jealous and even got their business card to have his roof redone. I think he is waiting for another hail storm!
Friday already. Can't believe it. I don't know where this week has gone. We only have one week left of summer vacation. I don't know where the summer has gone! I was so concerned at the beginning of the summer that it would be so long but it has gone so smoothly. We have really been blessed with nice weather, a sprinkling of activities, two great kids, a visit from family and a lot of smiles.
Just wanted to mention one thing that I am so happy about. Many families cannot boast about loving their immediate family and their in-laws the way I can. I am so blessed to come from a great family and having been welcomed into another. This weekend my mom and dad, and Stan and Shirley will be spending the day together. I love that. My parents and my in-laws are friends. That rocks. I love them all so much and I love the fact that I never think of my in-laws as "out-laws".
Not too much planned for this weekend. Craig has had a huge week that culminated with him having to leave for work an extra half hour early today (5:30am). I am hoping there is football on this weekend (did I actually say that???) so that he can sit down, snack on his wasabi peas, and chillax.
Hope your weekend is great.




2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

THE ROOF LOOKS GREAT!!! What a difference the color makes.

The summer has gone by way to fast and we feel we really didn't have as nice weather as we would have liked. Maybe September will bring beautiful weather.

We're really looking forward to seeing your mom and dad - not sure that one day is enough for us to get caught up on everything but it will be great.

We've been very busy this week and I'm sure you've heard of all the "rat" problems that we've had in S.C. It's been terrible and there have been so many horrible stories that one hates to even go in your yard. Stan found a hole in the bottom of our shed before we left for Toronto and put new lumber around it. Then on Wednesday, he found another hole that he didn't think was there before, so we cleaned out the shed, ripped the old floor off, hauled in crushed rock and filled the floor to the top. Next will be a new floor and put "stuff" back in. We hope to get that ll done tomorrow morning. It's been a good way of cleaning up and throwing things away that we haven't used for ages. Alot of the yard will have crushed rock around it. He bought covers for our furnace holes outside and also for our dryer vent which people have said rats have got inside. Hopefully they will get this problem under control soon because they say winter is even worse because they try to get inside where it's warm. People have been told to clean up their yards but we have quite a few down our backalley that haven't done much.

We're going to a wedding tomorrow. The young couple that live to the north are getting married. Weddings at 3:00 p.m. and cocktails at 8:00 p.m. and dance after.

Sounds like you've had a very busy week and before you know it, the boys will be back in school. Craig - hope you get time to slow down abit on the weekend. Take care.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Don't bring any rats with you Shirley. You know, of course, that Alberta is rat free. Not for long I suspect. Where did they come from? I always think of rats around the waterfront but never think about them being in the dry prairies. I'm sure that you won't have any problems as you're getting ahead of them by plugging all the inroads. Look sooo forward to seeing you on Sunday.

Another week gone. The time just flies, I can't believe it's Friday again. Not complaining though.

Your new roof looks awesome, and all that for only $500. What a deal!!! We're hoping the weather stays good until late fall. We're here until December 26 so we hope it stays above zero until then....yeah right!!!

I agree with you Shan, it's awesome to have such a good relationship with your in-laws. We really enjoy their company and we know how lucky you are to have them.

Love to all