Friday 14 September 2007

My Love


Don't yet know how long this post will be but I wanted to write about Craig. Just in case you don't know, I have the BEST husband on earth. He has always stood in front of me when I needed shielding, stood behind me when I needed a push, and along the way has stayed by my side. Anyone who knows us well knows that we have not had the calmest 13 years in history, but we have always fought everything together. I honestly don't know where I would be without him.

Did you know -

Craig gets up everyday ( Mon-Fri) at 5:45am to get ready for work, to catch a bus to the train station. He then gets on a train that takes him into the City so that he can work all day to provide for our family.

He takes Sterling for a walk almost every night so they can talk about "guy stuff" and about Sterling's day.

He spends about 15 mins almost every night stretching and helping Kaedo with his TKD.

He comes home every night glad to be home and kisses me on the back of my neck - LOVE that.

He spends time on the weekends biking with the kids, fixing their bikes, scooters, green machines. He is like the Pied Piper of bike rides and routinely takes other kids along with him.

He helps Sterling with his math homework, even though he has to use a French/English Dictionary to decipher the questions.

He does the laundry.

He looks after the kids when I am away and I think that the time runs even more smoothly that when I am home.

He wears his wedding ring proudly.

He doesn't go to the gym until 9pm so that he can make sure the boys are in bed.


He is truly remarkable, and I am sure I am missing at least 20 things.

So, thank you Craig, for smiling with me, for our private jokes, for doing your part in giving us two wonderful kids, for helping/forcing me through my darkest hours and for being my best friend. I love you more than I could ever explain.

Always and forever,

s
OH YA, I forgot - he is handsome as hell - SO hot!

3 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Just checking your blog this afternoon after getting home from our usual Friday afternoon and oh my gosh!!! You make me very proud of our son (as if we weren't before!) to hear all he does for and with his family. What a nice picture of you Craig! We sometimes so take our loved ones for granted don't we. We need to do what you've done Shannon, write it all down and then we realize how precious they are to us.

I left a message for you on the phone before you went away and Craig wasn't sure if you got it or not - re: walking. I'm trying to get out once a day - sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I feel so much better when I do so must crack down on myself more!

Hope you have a great weekend and we'll chat on Sunday (if we can catch you guys at home!) Love you lots!

Denis & Irene said...

So, what have you done wrong???

I agree, you are extremely fortunate to have such a great guy and I'm sooooo glad you know how fortunate you are. Many people don't realize until it's past the due date.

Craig, you have always been a welcome addition to our family and we are so proud to call you 'son'.

Love to all

Jessica said...

Great post. Craig is truly remarkable. But can he cut steel with fire? Hee Hee