Monday 3 September 2007

the end is near...

for summer, that is!
Last day of the summer as far as the boys are concerned. I guess technically summer holidays ended on Friday, but whatever.

Craig and Kaedo are still in bed, sleeping away a Sunday morning. Sterling is lying in his room watching a movie on his DVD player, and I am writing to the three of you.
What a wonderful summer it has been, for both the boys and us.
The boys were so blessed this year to see so many people that love them. They spent a month with amma and baba learning, playing and whittling. They learned to make a fire, ate popcorn every night and visited tons of cool places. They spent the day with KPJ getting to know their not so little cousin. They spent an action packed week with their gramma and grampa - building stuff, getting their backs scratched and eating tons of juicy fruit gum. They spent about 10 days with mom having ultimate freedom and spending a lot of time with friends terrorizing the neighborhood. The got 10 days with dad to bike ride, play tennis, go to the off-leash (yes, he set them free!) and lots of other fun things.
All in all it has been a perfect summer and they are already counting down the days until next year.

Everything is ready for school.
backpacks packed - check
notes in lunch bags - check
clothes are picked out - check
Sterling's treats bought - check
school snacks bought - check
coupons in lunch bags - check
new shoes - check
new haircuts - check
white lightning's hair done - check

all that's left is the cryin'!

As always I will take the boys to school and will get Kaed settled in his line to go into school. Sterling I will take to class, speak with his teacher about his allergy and hand over his treats. For the first day of school I always have a bag of safe to share mini chocolate bars for the teacher. That way when their is an event in class Sterling always has a safe treat to have. This saves heartache during bday parties, etc. This is something we have always done and the older he gets the less we will need to do it, but for now we will continue.

Sterling REALLY doesn't want to go back to school. "mom, I just don't want to grow up". Sounds like someone I know. My heart hurts for this beautiful boy of mine. I know how he feels and spent many years feeling the same way. Today will be a sad day for him but I plan to kick
his ass in H-O-R-S-E, so that should be good for a laugh.

Going away on Thursday to an event in Minneapolis. I will try and get Craig to guest post or will try and do it on the road.
That's all folks. Will post back to school photos tomorrow.
love to all -
s

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

Good luck with your first day of school, my darlings. The first day in a new year is always kind of nerve wracking but you will settle in just fine and will make new friends, rekindle old friendships and it won't be so bad. I think most of us were apprehensive about going back to school after the summer holidays. Sterling, no one hated school as much as Amma, but I stuck it out and learned lots and had a very good job because of it. I kid you not, I absolutely hated school and just thinking about it now still makes me hate it. I know where you're coming from but it's something you have to do and you won't regret it in the end, but you'll still hate it.

Shirley, I'm cheating by replying on the blog but I will write back soon. Thank you for your long letter and you never bore me. I just love to read all you have to say and appreciate you taking the time to fill us in on all that's going on in your lives.

Happy trip Shannon.

Love to all