Thursday 30 August 2007

sad


Sad day. We have a couple of boys here playing today. Their mom and dad are getting divorced. It was an absolute shock to mom and it has moved very quickly. The boys are sweethearts but very scared. There is so much upheaval in their lives right now and mom is understandably a train wreck. We were having lunch and the eldest said to me, out of the blue (we were actually talking about other things), "my mom and dad are divorced". I just wanted to hug him. He is very boisterous today and is invincible. He loves Sterling and just wants to be right with him every moment. The little one has attached himself to Kaedo and they are hanging out together.

The tragedy of divorce has really hit home. I think it is worse when children are involved. Craig and I have talked a lot about this situation the last few days and it just re-instills (?) in us the value of our marriage and open communication. I don't know how something so tragic can bring us closer but it seems to have done that.

We will be married 12 years on Sunday and I can honestly say I love him more now than I did then.

s

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

Such a lovely picture for such a sad happening. Those boys are lucky to have you to express their feelings to, however, don't let it get you down. There is nothing you can do but stay an open ear for the children if they wish to discuss it with you. It is also a life lesson for your boys who have a pretty perfect world all things considered. I remember my best friend's parents getting divorced when I was about twelve. Her mom took her and her brother back to France. They left without the father being aware. As much as I missed my friend I was so happy that she would be with extended family. Her dad was a nut. I'm sorry this has made your day sad.

Love you

Jessica said...

Those boys are lucky to have such great friends as Sterling and Kaeden, and you and Craig who will support them emotionally through this ordeal.