Thursday 23 August 2007

Happy Happy Happy...

birthday, that is!
To my favorite mother in law, and my very good friend, Laura! Happy day to both of you - you don't look a day over 70. And I really mean that!

Enough of that tomfoolery - cool word, who invented that, I wonder? It's cool, so probably a woman. OK - enough of that! A very good day today. Got a lot of work done. Had some projects and instructions for our kid site that needed to be done. Got them completed and sent to the office and I am ready for my meeting tomorrow morning. Can you say "road trip?" The boys don't know that they have to come yet. I wonder what the bribe will be this time. Spent some time visiting with the Backyardigans, had supper with the fam and now Craig is out gallivanting and the posse (read boys and backyardigans) are out to the dollar store getting sour slushies and junk food (well, Noah is probably getting water and a tomato). Can a day get any better than that?

Something interesting in the last couple of days...
a woman who is known as a "scrapbooking celebrity" (like myself - just joking!) has been caught up in some Internet controversy. Oooh - I love me some controversy. It seems that some people were unhappy with a class her company was providing and one of her partners sent out an email to the participants re-assuring them that the matter would be looked into. Upon receiving the email herself, said celebrity proceeded to insert her own comments - which were not too nice - as well as end it with a "so there" (a bit like sticking your tongue out, dontcha think?). Needless to say, instead of replying to her partner and a few other "important celeb-like people" she replied to EVERYONE on the damn list. Can you say damage control? OOOh - it has just been so juicy and gossipy - delicious. Not that I'm into that sort of thing or anything. I'm just saying, if you were into it, it would be juicy.

I guess the moral of this story is:
karma's a bitch (or is that beeyotch?)
s

3 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

You are hilarious. I just love your blog. Happy Birthday Laura. I sent a Birthday wish to Shirley but Happy Birthday again, old girl. I just wish I was as young as you two. Not combined age, of course.

Went to the Historic site at Louisborg today. I guess we're spoiled. Somehow the 1700's seems quite ho hum after viewing things from the 1200's and earlier last year. It was a great day and the weather was exceptional. Supposed to rain tomorrow so we'll go to the Alexander Graham Bell Museum, it's a beautiful building right here in Baddeck. If the weather report is incorrect, we will do the southern part of Cape Breton Island. We are trying to do all the Trails, marked in yellow on the map. Must be over 100,000 miles of road, that's what it looks like and we're striving to get it all done.

I know you don't get that many comments on your blog, Shannon, but it is a great laugh and we love to read it everyday. Keep up the good work.

Love to all

shannon said...

just commenting on my own blog because 1) i crack myself up and 2)then I know my mom isn't the only one that reads this!

KPJC said...

Not into gossip, btu read the blog everyday as well as check ours - sometimes add a new entry. Keep it up you are my inspiration!