Tuesday 14 August 2007

the things they say

Samuel is here today, hanging out. They are having a great time, throwing themselves into the pool. Not each other - themselves. I guess the bonuses of having a small pool. When he got here this morning and asked how his summer has been, he replied, "it's been lonely". Poor kid. I think that is one of the downfalls of being an only child. JESSICA - PETRICA (no pressure).
Yesterday was a big day for me. For the last year or so I have been talking with mom and dad, Craig and backyardigan mom about our kids' freedom. I can say for myself, it has been hard to grasp that they are actually old enough and mature enough to not have to always be within yelling range. So, yesterday backyardigan jr. came to call on the boys and like a shot, they were outta here. This was about 1pm. At 6:30 I had to call to ask for them to be sent home. They were on the street, a his house, building their fort, walking to the dollar store. All over the place. They even (Kaed) walked to the Dollar Store the scary way. eeek.
I wasn't quite sure where to put myself. I wanted to keep checking on them, but came to the realization that when they need me, they will come. I kept them fully stocked with water, and I'm sure they were supplied with whatever else from over the fence. It was quite a day. Cool, but scary. Thankfully they have such great friends in the neighborhood that are always up for some fun. It's what I always wanted for them. Thanks, friend - for always being so great - with them and with me. You ROCK!!

As I said, today Sam is here and they are playing in the pool. God, it is noisy! Thank god there are no babies around! I think they may be trying to drown each other - must go to make sure they do the job right! (just joking!)

Talk later or tomorrow,
s

No comments: