Wednesday 22 August 2007

going home

Hello - this is an excerpt from an email I sen to Jessica yesterday - sorry Jessica.
This is what we did yesterday:
I spent the afternoon working in the kitchen getting the birthday supper together. Which I actually enjoyed - mom) We had hot dogs (their idea), potatoes and corn on the cob. It was delicious. I also made a choc sc cake for dessert. The seven of us bought them a digital frame for their joint birthdays and they love it. Craig even put music on it for them. Country Western - there is no accounting for taste.
The boys spent the afternoon building scooter ramps with Gpa. They are great. They both got to screw in the screws and use the sander and were in heaven. They went for a short bike ride and Shirley did the laundry. (yeah Shirley) We have had a fantastic visit. Probably the best yet. They look and sound great and we have had a lot of time to spend together - well, not Craig, but the rest of us. The boys have had a wonderful time with them and I will have to de-program them from getting their backs scratched at bedtime! I love how they have wonderful relationships with both sets of grandparents - both in different ways. We are truly blessed. We can't wait until next year.
later,
s

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

What does "which I actually enjoyed - mom" mean??? Am I getting another round of nasty from you??? I have tried very hard not to comment on anything just in case it's taken personally, which it always is,and I've done really well. We haven't spoken for weeks, right???

Glad you all had a nice visit, that's the way it should be. We always enjoy our times in Courtice.