Sunday 30 September 2012

Sunday

Let me start my saying the baby of the family is sick. Poor guy. Really not well. I don't think he'll even be well enough for school tomorrow. He's just laying in bed watching The Simpsons (yuck), still in pajamas.

Sterling, after spending two days away from home with N, has decided to grace us with his presence. I picked him up last night at 9pm and by 9:15pm he was asleep in his chair.
I must give him credit though. While Friday was all about fun and biking and the mall and computers and xbox and on and on....with N (it was a PA Day), yesterday he spent all day at a Family Fun day volunteering with the local Fire Services, Police Services, Red Cross and other organizations throughout the community. He worked with the Fire Services filling and pressurizing fire extinguishers so kids could put out little fires. He said he had a great time and has almost completed all his mandatory Community Services hours for his whole high school career. He's done. We're very proud of him. He needs 40 and only started with getting them on July 1st. He says he'd like 200-300 hours but I just want him to get what he needs finished so we don't have to worry about it.

Craig played football yesterday and although he ended up having to ref - which was not a good experience - he still loves being out there, playing, drinking beer, eating, hanging out with his buddies. I am so happy he has that outlet.

I spent the day with Kaedo yesterday as everyone else was gone. We watched The Avengers and hung out. Today I had the opportunity to spend some time with my friend D. It was great. She is so nice to hang out with and always has lots to tell me. Love it.

I can't believe next weekend is Thanksgiving. I'm trying to decide if we need to go out and do our family pictures like we did last year. I would like to so we'll have to see what everyone else thinks. I am also hoping for a round of golf. That was not an option this weekend with Kaedo feeling so crappy, and maybe, just maybe, I'll make a Thanksgiving Dinner. Let's hope Craig doesn't read this or I'll have to for sure. Mom - can you send me some mashed potatoes?????

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

Lol! I wish I could send you some mashed potatoes. I love mashed potatoes, one of my favorite foods. I'll talk you through it.

Hope you're feeling better today, Kaedo. You sounded pretty rough on Saturday.

Way to go, Sterling. Good for you and great for the people with whom you offer up your hours. We hope you get satisfaction as well as fun out of the experiences. You sounded like you had a great time.

Glad you had such a good time with D. She's a very nice person. I just got back from lunch with Jan, we so enjoy our weekly luncheons.

Windy here today but very warm. No jacket required. Sure hope this lasts until we leave but we know better.

Love to all